Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#3460] John Levorsen Goplerud,Hedalen, 1724-1801, Charcoa

Gjest David Orser
 Del

Gjest David Orser

I have John Levorsen's parents as Levord Johnsen Haukedalen (1697-1759) and Ragnhild Torkelsdatter Snodalen (1702-1748).Does anyone know the ancestry of Levord Johnsen Haukedalen? It is written that an ancestor of his is Jon Helgesen Gulsvik ( -1591). Does anyone have any information?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 uker senere...
Gjest Eli Heyerdahl Klausen

Hi David! I have family in Hedalen (you mean in Valdres, I hope) and I am searching. Do you know if you have family in Hedalen now? I'll come back with information in a few weeks! Have a nice summer !

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest David Orser

Hi Eli, thanks for writing! I descend from John Levorsen Goplerud through his son Anders Johnsen Aspeholdt (married to Sigrid Ellensdtr), then through Anders's son Erland Andersen Aspeholdt (married to Ingrid Iversdtr), through Erland's daughter Sigri Erlandsdtr (married to Elling Arnesen). Sigri and Elling immigrated to the U.S. in 1869. They're my 2-great-grandparents.So, any relatives I might have in Hedalen would be rather distantly related, but I suppose there may be some. It would be interesting to find them! I'm sure I have many closer relatives in the U.S. also, but I haven't come across them either :).I look forward to whatever you know.Thanks!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Eli Heyerdahl Klausen

I've been in Hedalen this weekend, and the Goplerud family is still going strong! Infact they are very interested in their anchestors. I found two books that is important for you to read: Sanford Fosshold 's book is 3rd. generation norwegian/ameican. He's book contains 10.000 names of family after Jon Levorsen Goplerud. (John is Jon in Norwegian). There is also a Norwegian book called: "Gard og Bygd i Sør Aurdal, bind D" written by Jon Ola Gjermindsen in 1992. Yesterday I also contacted Nils Magnar Goplerud, who runs the farm today. I told him about you, and what you are looking for. He's grandfather used a lot of time searcing for his ancestors, and Nils Magnar thought he had the information you asked for. He said you could send him an e-mail, and he promised to answer! (Yes, he also agreed that I wrote his name and e-mail adress in this pages!) So, David: If you send e-mail to goplerud@c2i.net I'm sure that your family in Hedalen are happy to help you. If you come to Hedalen sometime you can look forward to se the beautiful church, and the rest of our wonderful country! Good luck. Eli

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest David Orser

Eli,Thanks for all the wonderful information! I plan on contacting Nils Magnar soon! And some day I hope to visit Norway. I really appreciate your help, thanks again.Best wishes,David

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.