Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#3803] Berthe Pedersdtr or Johannesdtr from Næss på Romer

Gjest Sue Barham
 Del

Gjest Sue Barham

In my genealogy work, I have come across a real puzzle. Ole Olsen's wife. She is listed in a tree compiled by I know not who (it is someone on Ole Hansen/Berthe Hansdatter side) as Bertha Oline Grorud. In the 1865 Norwegian Census, she is Bertha Oline Pedersdtr born Nes pa Romerike In the 1875 Norwegian Census, she is listed as Berthe Ols. f. Pedersd born Nes pa RomerikeOK.........here's what I found in a combination of LDS and Census records:I. Hans Christiansen, age 41 and his wife, Dorthe Christendtr, age 47 1801 Census lived in Akershus, Næss Parish on Oulie Farm Children: Anne, age 13, Christen, age 8 Ole, age 4II. Ole Hansen, Akershus, Næss (Rotens) and Anne Hansen, Akershus, Næss LDS were the parents ofIII. Marie Olsdtr, born 26 June, 1814, Akershus, Næss, Romerike LDS who married Johannes Pedersen on 31 October, 1839 in Akershus, NæssIV. Birte Olene (Oline) Johannesdtr, born 4 September 1833 (age is correct) LDS Akershus, Næss, Oulie farmV. Jenny Alvilde Olsen, born 17 May 1869 (Ole Olsen's daughter, niece of your Martin LDS & Maren) was born to Ole Olsen and Berthe Oline Johannesdtr Is this too much of a stretch?Generation 1 lived on Oulie Farm in 1801 they had a daughter, Ann, who would have been 26 when daughter Marie was bornBirte Oline Johannesdtr, correct birth area and date, was born at Oulie farm to mother Marie, age 19 and a father named Johannes PedersenJenny's mother is Berthe Oline Johannesdotter Is this how mysteries are solved?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila Normann

Hi Sue! I think you might be right, but I dont think she used the "Pedersdtr", rahter Pedersen as a surname. It was often so when people moved to the cities. Pedersdtr. is daughter of Peder, and she was a Johannesdatter, but her father was a Pedersen (son of a Peder). And, as said, she might take Pedersen as her surname when she moved. I wonder where the name Grorud came from though.... The only solution is to find Ole Olsen and Berte Olines marriage record, it might state her fathers name. Maybe start with the Grønland Menighet (parish) in Christiania, as they lived there in 1865, and find the youngest child in the birthrecords. Ask at the nearest family history center (LDS) they would know how to help you.I looked at this note from you: III. Marie Olsdtr, born 26 June, 1814, Akershus, Næss, Romerike LDS who married Johannes Pedersen on 31 October, 1839 in Akershus, Næss (I am sure you just mis-printet 1829)They married in 1829, I looked at the churchrecord for Nes that year. Marie Olsdatter was 27 years old when she married Johannes, so, I think this is the wrong Marie..... Both Marie and Johannes lived on the farm Klodsbodding when they married. And, even if it is very hard to read, I dont think either of them was born in Nes parish. It look like Marie was born in Sørum parish, in Akershus. I cant read where Johannes is from, it might say Blaker (also in Sørum, Akershus i think). Johannes was 39 years old when they married. (This from Churcrecords, Marriages Nes Akershus MINI5 1815-1835)It is a Johannes Pedersen in census for Sørum in 1801, he was then 9 yrs old, might be him. well. you have some work to do! Laila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Sue Barham

Thank you so much, Laila,for your assistance. With the additional information that you provided regarding the marriage of Marie and Johannes, I was able to find the "right" Marie, in Næss, on Ellingstad farm in 1801. I have a christening date of 27 July 1800, and an age of 1 in the census, so I believe the connection has been made. Are Sørum and Næss near one another?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila Normann

Hi again, Sue! I dont think Marie was born in Nes at all, but Sørum. In the churchrecords, it was not said anything like that on people born in Nes on other couples . And Marie was a very common name.... Maybe her death-record would say something about her birth place, at least her date of birth! If you take a look at the records on IGI on Sørum-births, you can see that lots of marie was born there in years that fit in! So, let us see if anyone can throw in a death-date on her. I will take a closer look in some books, to see if I can find some more. The thing is that I dont have churchrecords after 1835, and the birth-records just go till 1832... Happy hunting! You should get the churchrecords, as it is very difficult to determine who is who only by the internet! Laila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila Normann

Here you have 2 sisters of Berthe Oline, both with the same parents; 4. Maren Randine JOHANSEN - International Genealogical Index Gender: F Christening: 30 Nov 1836 Nes, Akershus, Norway 5. Karen Marthea JOHANSEN - International Genealogical Index Gender: F Christening: 30 Nov 1836 Nes, Akershus, Norway

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Sue Barham

Dear Laila Perhaps we could correspond on a personal level so we don't fill up the official site. My e-mail address is suebarham@home.com (if this isn't OK, please advise).Sue

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.