Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#3840] Siul Tollevsen, f: 1745 Sandsvær (?), Buskerud

Gjest Vidar Larsen
 Del

Gjest Vidar Larsen

I would appreciate any help with information regarding parents and place of birth, on my ancestor Siul Tollevsen. Siul married Anne Margrethe Timansdatter in Sandsvsær in Buskerud in 1778, before moving to Lardal in Vestfold. It appears that his slektsnavn was Sending, and the 1801 census indicates that his year of birth was 1745.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tore Næss

Took a quick look under Sending, farm no 44 in "Sandsværboka" by Olav Såtvedt. Vol. V, page 405, (in my translation): "Sjul Tollefsen Sending b.ca. 1744, married 1779 to Anne Margrethe Timandsdtr. Wettestad and moved to Øvre Solberg in Lardal" They are listed at the very end of the chapter about Sending with no reference to a specific part of the farm, suggesting that he had lived at Sending. I could find no reference to his father under any of the sub-farms of Sending however. You may know this already, but again according to Sandsværboka, vol.IV, page 48 his wife was born in 1754, daughter of Timand Hansøn Vettestad b1718, and Anne Olsd. Omholt b1727 - d1808. Vettestad and Omholt both being farms in Sandsvær. It is possible to follow this line even further through Sandsværboka.PS. Is it really necessary to answer in English, your name suggests otherwise?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Thanks Tore, As regards Siul it looks as if he was not part of the established families on the Sending farms. No Tollevsen lived there in 1801. can not find him in Kirkeboka for Sandsvær either, but the quality of this is very poor.As regards his wife Anne, the only information I got is as per 1039 in this forum. This gave me brief information on Anne's parents, grandparents and 6 of the great-grandparents. If you got additional information it would be greatfully received.As regards language, I'm happy to read 'plain' Norwegian, so answer in Norwegian if you wish.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tore Næss

I was scanning through all the Sending pages in Sandsværboka to see if there were any Tollev at the appropriate time, but I could not see anyone. Usually in Sandsværboka there is a reference to another farm when the author has found some connection, but this is lacking for Sjul. As for his wife, I have seen what is under item 1039 and I doubt that Sandsværboka can add much to that, but I can have a look at my next visit to the library.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tore Næss

I took a new look in Sandsværboka, (Sandsværs Historie by Olav Saatvedt)today. I still cannot find any reference to Sjul's parents. As mentioned before he is listed amongst the "Husmenn" and workers that at one time had lived at Sending. Sandsværboka confirms the information in item 1039 on the forefathers of his wife Anne Timandsdtr with a few corrections: Hans Timandsen Rogstad is son of Timand Sjulsøn (not Siversen) Rogstad and Karen Hansdtr, b1653-d1733. The farm Rogstad is no 90 not 92, Ref. Vol VI page 88-89 of Sandsværboka. Also that Timand was first married to Elene Halvorsdtr Horntvedt from Lardal. Sorry I cannot get you any further.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Thanks Tore. The lack of information, and the fact that Siul was listed under Husmenn may indicated that he come from another prestegjeld. Timand's first marriage was new information to me, and both these pieces of information turns my attention back to Lardal. Thanks again. mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 år senere...
Gjest Ketil Harbek

Hi, Vidar! - As the last answer above is more than 2 years old, I wonder: Have you found the parents of Siul Tollefsen yet? Or any other new information as to where he came from?My ancestor here is Anne Syverts(Sjuls)datter (1785-1859), daugther of Siul and Anne M. Timannsdatter, who married Even Berntsen at Mellom Stensholt in Lardal. - As you may have noticed, we also have another common ancestor (Niels Pedersen Friis), but obviously our relations to those two lines are different. (By me, they 'meet' with my grandfather.)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

Dette blir tynne greier, men en Tollef Syversen Jarneseie, Sandsvær, f ca 1728 (FamilySearch), kan jo ha vært far til Siul. Tollef giftet seg 1760 m Anne Hansdtr Kleppan. Dette er som sagt tynne greier, men er vel kanskje mulig å sjekke nærmere. At Sjul kalte ei datter Anne ville i tilfelle ha vært helt naturlig.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Hi Ketil. The simple answer is no, but again there has been little time to do anything with all the developments on the Friis side of the family. But it is still in the ‘to do file'. Is your Anne the daughter born in 1785 (according to the bygdebok)? I have no information on her since her christening and would welcome any information you care to share. My ancestor here is Anne's older brother Syvert and his daughter became the daughter-in-law to Nils Friis Fredriksen, small world isn't it?Hi Arnstein. Thanks for the information, it is the first lead so far, so it is not ‘tynne greier'. Although I can not find it now (the paper-heap is getting too big), I think I have seen the name Jarne before in connection with this family, but at a later time. Mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ketil Harbek

Hi Vidar. Ja, min Anne er datteren født i 1785. Vet du når/hvor hun ble døpt? Det har jeg ikke skrevet ned.Anne ble gift 14. oktober 1805 i Lardal (Styrvoll kirke, tror jeg) med Even Berntsen på Mellom Stensholt i Lardal. Even levde fra 1784 til 1864, mens Anne døde i 1859. De bodde hele tiden på Mellom Stensholt. Deres sønn Hans Jacob Evensen, født 2. april 1826, er min farfars farfar. Min farfars morfar Ole Fredriksen Tenvik er dattersønn av Niels Pedersen Friis.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnstein Rønning

Jarnes: Postal address Passebekk (1972). Kleppan: Postal address Hvittingfoss (1972). Today this is Kongsberg kommune (both).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Hi Ketil. I have unfortunately no christening information on Anne. I did not find her when searching kirkeboka for Lardal, her name only came to light when I got information from bygdeboka for Lardal. I have however microfiche copies of kirkeboka, so I can rechech next week.Hi Arnstein. ThanksMvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Hi KetilFound in Lardal kirkebok MINI 3 (1733-1815) page 594Døpt for Siur Tollevsen Solberg og Anne Magrete Thimandsdtr, Anne. F: Kari Tollevsdtr As?, Eli Halvorsdatr Opsal, Ole Mattissen Aa?, Mathis Olsen As?There was no specific mention of a church so I presum it was Lardal church. No exact date given only two words which I could not read, where date should have been. Presumably it was the name of a Holyday, but it fell between 9th January and 16th January 1785, judging from entries before and after.The farm Aa? could be Aakre Lenke &postnr=775&fulle=true&spraak=n Mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

Hei Vidar!Vil bare gjøre oppmerksom på at noen Lardal kirke ikke finnes. Lardal prestegjeld består av Svarstad hovedsogn og annekssognene Styrvoll og Hem. Solberg ligger i Svarstad sogn, så dåpen foregikk helst der.9. og 16. januar 1785 var begge søndager. Kan dåpsdatoen ha vært 20. dag jul, altså 13. januar?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Hi Kristian. Thanks for the correction. My knowledge of the local gepgraphy north of Kvelde is virtualy non-existent. As regards the date of christening, you could be right, but written tyvende juledagen (based on lenght of the words only) . Will double check next time I am near a microfiche reader. Mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 4 år senere...
Gjest Ketil Harbek

Flere eldre kirkebøker for Lardal er nå lagt ut.Lardal kirkebok MINI 3 side 1124: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=8242&idx_id=8242&uid=ny&idx_side=-548>Lenke fjerde dødsfall nedenfra: 9.(?) november 1811 Siul Timansen Solberg døde 67 år gammel, dvs. født 1744.I FT 1801: Lenke bor Siul Tollevsen (gift med Anne Magrete Timansdatter) på Solberg, alder 56 år – dvs. født ca. 1844.Sandsvær kirkebok MINI 2 side 43 Lenke copuleret 9. april 1779 Siver Tollefsen og Anne Margrete Timansdatter.Lardal kirkebok MINI 3 side 513 (nr. 16):

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Vidar Larsen

Hi Ketil Sorry about the delay in coming back to you. Just noticed your innlegg when I went over all my questions earlier today (for no reason what so ever). I did not get an e-mail from Digitalarkivret as my e-mail address changed sometimes late 2003 or early 2004.Will look at this and see what can be found.Mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.