Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#3887] Haagen Johns. Løken, 1865 census

Gjest David Larson
 Del

Gjest David Larson

I am trying to locate the family of Haagen Johnson Løken in the 1865 census.He and his wife Guri (Jensd?) and children were found in the 1880 US Census (Ottertail County, Minnesota). Next I found them in the Bergen-Quebec ships list (Haakon Jensen, Mai 22 1870, birthplace Molde. (Possibly parents John Haagensen and Guri are the two listed above him in the list.)I have tried various combinations of Løken/Molde localities in the 1865 census looking for recently married Haagen (age 31) and Guri (age 34) and daughter Johanne (age 4), but have found no possible matches.I do not know which county(s) to search (one source I have mentioned Trondheim as a birthplace) - if I did, it would help a lot.I have had tremendous luck using this wonderful database for my other relatives from Nedre Stjørdalen, so this aspect has been a bit frustrating for me. I appreciate any advice someone can give me.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest David Larson

Thank you - that appears to be the family group. I will need to resolve where wife Guri comes from, and her 4 yr old daughter Johanne, since they were not apparently married at the time of the 1865 census. Some of their ages fluctuate between 1865-1870 too (particularly mother Guro Larsd.), but I know this is common."Løken" plays an important part in the family's name from all the documentation I've seen to this point -- where does this tie in with farm Talstad, parish Fræen in Møre & Romsdal? Or even the birthplace "Molde" from the ships list? How did you think to look here (or was it a blind search ;-) ?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Aase R.Sæther

Just take a look at 1553 Kværnes, also Møre & Romsdal, and you will find Guri Jensdtr and her 6 year old daughter Johanne Torstensdtr. She is obviously not daughter of Haagen.I would guess that Løken is the name of a subfarm at Talstad. You often have different names of parts of the same farm, and many emigrants brought this local name, not the farm name, with them to USA.To find Haagen, I did a search for given name starting with Haa[gk][oe]n and surname starting with J[oe]n, and took a closer look at those from Møre & Romsdal.Romsdal is quite some distance from Bergen; maybe that's why the birth place is inaccurate. Maybe Haagen/Haakon said Frænen, and the registrator asked "where's that?" and H. said "close to Molde"?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.