Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#4170] Carl Ludvig Nilsen - Musikfanejunker

Gjest Jim Bayard
 Del

Gjest Jim Bayard

I found my great, great grandfather in the new and wonderful voting lists for 1904 and 1906 in Bergen. I am wondering what exactly is a Musikfanejunker. I assume that it is a highly ranked noncommissioned officer in the music corps. Secondly, I am wondering if anyone might have ever have heard of him or knows whether pictures of him might exist. We have one picture postcard of him leading a troop of children with their brass instruments in a parade in Bergen. Finally, does anyone happen to know whether there is some way to determine how a particular person voted in the 1904 and 1906 elections. Thank you in advance for your help, and I apologize for my naive questions. Thank you.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per B. Lilje

Fanejunker ("Stabsfanejunker" in the general staff, "stykkjunker" in the artillery, etc.) was prior to the 1920s the highest non-commissioned officer rank in the Norwegian Army. In reality it was a kind of honorary title, in the sense that any "kommandersersjant" (may be about the same as a sergeant major in English??) who had been kommandersersjant for 10 years automatically was promoted to fanejunker (promotion TO kommandersersjant was of course not auomatic. And as you rightly assume, "musikkfanejunker" means that your gggrandfather was a non-commissioned officer of the highest existing rank in the Army's musical service.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 4 år senere...
Gjest Kjell Johannessen

With reference to your request about Fanejunker Carl Ludvig Nilsen 07 Nov. 2000. He is also my great grandfather and I have some pictures of him and some information about him and his family. I can give you these information’s if you send me your mail address. kjjoha3@online.no

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.