Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#4385] Glasmester Martinius Johansen, b. 1848 - Ager/Aker

Gjest Pearl Danroth
 Del

Gjest Pearl Danroth

Seeking information about parents, siblings or deceased children of Glasmester MARTINIUS JOHANSEN - born 1848 in(Ager sogn)Aker. Married to Nicoline Eugenia Antonette Westbye (or Vestbye)- b. May 11, 1858 in Christiania. Emigrated from Norway, June 29, 1900 to the USA with 6 children: Margit, b.1883; Aslaug, b. 1889; Ernst, b. 1893; Carrie? (or Kari), b. 1894; Frithjof, b. 1896 and Karl Eilert, b. 1898. Lived in Christiania from 1865-1900. Believe some babies were buried in Sofienberg Kirkegaard.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rune Bjerke

Can't offer you much help, but I found Lina Antonte Augenie Westye (could be several misspellings), 8 years old, in the 1865 census. Address Storgaden, Christiania (now Oslo) and status fosterchild of drayman Martin Fridrichsen.In the same building lives Martinius Johannessen, son of a glazier (glassmester), ten years older and probably her future husband. Romantic or not?Have a look and get the details you need.Rune Bjerke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Pearl Danroth

Thanks, Rune. I think you are right that they are the same persons - the birth years and birthplaces are the same. I see you have translated Øelhandler as a drayman. Is that the same as a beer tradesperson? See my question #917 posted in the other forum.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Pearl Danroth

Is Øelhandler and Ølhandler the same? In the 1865 census, the occupation is listed as Øelhandler - with an "e" after the Ø.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest PearL Danroth

Thanks again! It is very difficult for me to figure out if it is a spelling mistake or a change of spelling, such as Ager to Aker and Christiania to Kristiania, or a completely different word. I appreciate all your help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.