Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#4435] Meløy kirkebok eller bygdebok??

Gjest Sara Krogh
 Del

Gjest Sara Krogh

Can someone help me by looking up a record of a birth and a death? I am looking for the birth of Edvard Mattias Lorentsen (Lorentzen?) born Oct 22, 1872 in Meløy on a farm called Åg. I am searching for his parents names. I believe his mother was Else Lorentsen and that she died in childbirth or shortly after. I also believe that the father's last name was Krogh... The child may have been registered with either last name. If anyone can help by suggesting where I might find someone who can help me to look this up I will be very happy. Tusen Takk! Sara

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I have had a brief look at the bygdebooks of Meløy without finding any essential, but I also had a look in the 1875 and 1900 censuses of Meløy and found something of interst there. In the 1900 census I found a man called Edvin Mathias Lorentsen. According to the census he was born in Meløy 1876, so this does not fit 100% with your data. His father was Lorents BRUAAS (b.1851).In the 1875 census I found a little guy at Åg farm called Edvard Kristensen, 4 years old. He was not living with his parents, but was provided for by the farmer, Hartik Andreassen. If this is your Edvard, he might very well have had a mother called Else Lorentsen and perhaps used Lorentsen as a surname later on. I presume that his patronymicon tells us that his father was called "Christen". To find out more about your Edvard, I think you have to study the parish records (church books). They are microfilmed and available at the LDS service centers. Just remeber that Meløy was a part of Rødøy main parish at this time.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Just a little correction. The man I found in the 1900 census, is called Edvin M. Lorntsen. He might have been called Edvin Mathias, but other second names starting with a "M" are possible too.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Sara Krogh

Takk!! I think that you have found him! The child that you mentioned is very likely my great grandfather. I have been told that his mother died in childbirth and that his parents were not married. It seems very likely that this "fosterson" is who I have been searching for. I have looked at the census now too and I see the record. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction! I doubt I would have found it myself! Now I will see if I can find the kirkebøk record and I hope to see both parent's names when this child was baptised. I would be happy to hear if you have any further advice about doing this research on a child born out of marriage? Takk, Sara

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 uker senere...
Gjest Terje Pedersen

Edvard Mathias Krog was born October 22, 1872 and baptized November 17th. His parents were Else Bolette Ingier Olsdatter, born July 12, 1849, and Lorents Pettersen born at Frosta parish in Troendelag. It is correct that Else died shortly after the birth of Edvard. Krog is not a family name, but just a given nave. If you need further informatin, please drop me a line. terpede@start.no

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.