Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#4510] Even Evensen / Berthel Martin Evensen

Gjest Vincent Wright
 Del

Gjest Vincent Wright

I am trying to find out more about my Norweigan ancestors. My Great-grandfather was a seaman who left Norway as a widower. He was born around 1851. It is thought that he left a daughter with his family in Norway but she came to England after he married his English wife. This daughter died not long after coming to England. He came to England (probably to Liverpool) and eventually married an Englishwoman, Catherine Seymour in 1888 his age was 37. On the marriage certificate it says that his father was Even Evensen and his occupation was a farmer. We have no idea of where he came from. Can anyone help? Many thanks - Vin Wright

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vincent Wright

I am trying to find out more about my Norweigan ancestors. My Great-grandfather (Berthel Martin Evensen) was a seaman who left Norway as a widower. He was born around 1851. It is thought that he left a daughter with his family in Norway but she came to England after he married his English wife. This daughter died not long after coming to England. He came to England (probably to Liverpool) and eventually married an Englishwoman, Catherine Seymour in 1888 his age was 37. On the marriage certificate it says that his father was Even Evensen and his occupation was a farmer. We have no idea of where he came from. Can anyone help? Many thanks - Vin Wright

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kenneth Holter

HiIn the 1865 census you find his family on the farm Østraadt øvre, in Høiland parish, in Rogaland county. The people living there were:Even Evensen, b.ca. 1818 farmerSerine Knudsdatter, b.ca. 1820 his wifeChildren:1.Even Evensen, b.ca. 18452.Bertel Evensen (your great-grandfather), b.ca.18503.Knud Evensen, b.ca.18524.Elen Serine Evensdatter (daughter), b.ca.18545.Christian Evensen, b.ca.1861All of them born in Høiland parish.Hopefully there are some "rogalendinger" here, that are willing to help you a bit further by checking births and marriages in church registers of Høiland.Kenneth

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.