Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#4656] Tockle/Tucker family of Chicago, Illinois (Rev 13J

Gjest Ralph Dellar
 Del

Gjest Ralph Dellar

Seeking to discover real family name, birthplace, parents, month/ship of emigration for my great grandmother, her 2 older brothers, and younger sister. Kristiansund is given as place of origin for all. Date of Birth (DOB), Year of Emigration (YOE) from 1900 US census; Date of Marriage (DOM) from Chicago marriage records. (Americanized spellings shown.) Updated 13Jan2001 to add brother Charles, correct YOE for William and move to the proper forum.* Charles Tucker - DOB Feb 1854; YOE 1870 (US occupation: janitor) * William Sievert Tockle/Tucker - DOB Jan 1851; DOM 14Feb1880; YOE 1876 (US occupation: janitor) * Sophia Marina Tockle - DOB 26Jan1861; DOM 23Feb1882; YOE assumed 1881 * Josephine Amalie Tucker - DOB 27Feb1868; YOE 1881 (US occupation: tailor)Parents may be Siguard Tockle (occupation: cooper), Johanna ???? Any help would be appreciated.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 år senere...
Gjest Nina Møller Nordby

Still there? Have you solved the mystery yet?There are a few farms called Tokle in Grytten parish which is in the same county as Kristiansund. Kristiansund might be the port where they left.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 måneder senere...
Gjest Ralph Dellar

Thanks Nina Møller Nordby, 'Still there?' Yes, just have not been monitoring this list much since 2001 when originally posted. 'Have you solved the mystery yet?' No but a Norwegian lister on the Rootsweb Norway-L list has uncovered a 'Josephine Amalie' born to a Carl Tockle (Bodtker=Cooper) through some handwritten church records for Christiansund Nye that his friend found in Oslo, and then uncovered a Charles Tode (Bodtker=Cooper) transcribed in the 1865 census for Christiansund with a daughter Sophia, son Siguard, and son Carl (among others). Unfortunately some birth years are more than a year off. (He suggests that Tode may be a transcription error of Tocle?) Since none of the parent's names match any of those passed down in 'family lore', I am suspicious - but then 'family lore' has no supporting evidence so far (though I am hoping one of my grandmother's sister's grandchildren may have inherited some key documents - I just have not found the offspring yet).My helper suggested I order FHC baptism records films for the children found in the census to discern their 'full' (multiple-first names?), and I have not had time this summer.I can post more detail at a later time, or provide them off-line.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.