Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#4658] Liabø family from Halsa Møre og Romsdal

Gjest Lana Ludwig
 Del

Gjest Lana Ludwig

I am searching for Norwegian relatives. My grandfather was Gunder Nilsen Liabø (Leabo).He moved to Minnesota in 1888. His father was Niels Nielssen Joøen b.about 1826 in Lom.He married Margrete Nielsd. b.about 1832 in Halsa.They lived on the Liabø farm in 1865 according to the census. Then they moved to the Joøen farm at Smøla. Their children were: Martha b.1858 Johannes b. 1863 Gunder B.1865 Lina b.1873 Marie B.1877? and I think a boy Nils b. ? Margrete's parents were (I think) Niels Johnson Øie and Marie Sørensdatter Wullum. I am interested in any family that lives in Norway. I am looking for information on Niels Nielssen from Lom- his parents. Also any descendants of the above people. Tusen Takk for hjelpa!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 uker senere...
Gjest Tore Kristiansen

Smøla bygdebok 3, 1989, p. 232, says that Nils Nilsen was born in Lom 1826 or 1827, and his father was Nils Sølfestsen. Lots of descendants in that book. In Halsa bygdebok 2, old edition 1955, p. 396ff, Nils Nilsen was from Lesja and born 23 Dec 1826. In familysearch there is a Nils Nilsen christened 7 Jan 1827, Skjaak, Oppland, with parents Nils Solfestsen and Gunhild Johanesdr. Skjaak was then part of Lom parish. Parents of Margrethe Nilsdtr (22 Jun 1833-27 Jul 1926) was Nils Jonsen Øie (Heggem) from Surnadal (1804-13 Apr 1865). His father, Jon Øie, killed as a soldier 1807. His mother, as a widow, married Ola Larsen Heggem. Margrethe's mother was Marie Sørensdtr (4 Aug 1810-13 Apr 1905) from Vullum (in Halsa Bygdebok 1, new edition 1997, p. 60ff and old edition 1955 no 1, p. 113ff). If you are interested in rest of the text from these books, mail me. tore@compaqnet.no

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lana Ludwig

Thanks so much Tore. I really appreciate the information. Did you get my email? I am very interested in the rest of the text concerning these families. I do have Marie Sørensdatter's family- the Wullums all the way back to the 1600's. I do not have anything about Nils Jonsen Øie. Who was his mother?Any information about the descendants of Nils Nilsen and Margrethe Niesldatter would be great.I am looking in Family Search, etc. for Niels Sølfestsen and Gunhild Johanesdatter.Thanks again. Email- lslud@unitelc.comLana Ludwig

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 uker senere...
Gjest Lana Ludwig

Does anyone else have the Smøla bygdebok volume 3,1989 or the Halsa bygdebok volume 2 ? I am interested in the descendants of Nils Nilsen and Margrethe Nielsdatter? Where could I get these Bygedeboks? Thanks for any information.Lana Ludwig

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 år senere...
Gjest J. Haltbakk

You may order the Halsabok by following e-mail address: post@halsa.kommune.noYour great grandmother Margrethe Nilsdatter 1833- 1926 had among her siblings a brother Erik Nilsen Liabø b. 1846. He is my great- great grandfather. One of Margrethes sisters, Johanne, was the mother of the autor of Halsaboka, Nils Vaagland.I can give you lots of information about the ancestry of Margrethes father if you still are interested.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 4 uker senere...
Gjest Lana Ludwug

How exciting to find another relative! I did get to see the Halsaboka by Nils Vaagland. I got it through our library from Wisconsin library. I think I may order it though. Yes, I would like more information about Margrete's father. I have him in my data as- Niels Jonsen Øie married to Marie Sørensdatter Wullum. But I am not sure of Niels dad. Is it Jon Jonsen Øie? I looked for a long time and didn't have much luck. Please respond either here or to my email- lslud@unitelc.com

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Johannes Haltbakk

Mr kristiansen wrote: 'Parents of Margrethe Nilsdtr (22 Jun 1833-27 Jul 1926) was Nils Jonsen Øie (Heggem) from Surnadal (1804-13 Apr 1865). His father, Jon Øie, killed as a soldier 1807. His mother, as a widow, married Ola Larsen Heggem.'According to the local history book for Surnadal, Nils Jonsens parents were not married, and his mother was therefore not a widow as she marrid Ola Larsen Heggem. I send you more information of the ancestry of Nils to your private mail address

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.