Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#4857] Inger Hansdatter (b:1774) Hedrum or Eidanger

Gjest Vidar Larsen
 Del

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Inger was born around 1774 and married Isach Larsen Sættre, around 1795 and probably in Hedrum Vestfold. They settled on Ragnilrødrydningen in Hedrum Any information on Inger's ancestors would be gratefully received.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 år senere...
Gjest Hans Mathisen

My guess is that Inger Hansdatter may be the daughter of Hans Nilsen on Ragnildrød farm. His background is unknown (according to the Bygdebok). He farmed Ragnildrød from 1770 to 1796, when he died at the age of 70. His first wife, Inger Johannesdatter, died 1773, 40 years old, and Hans in the same year married Guri Nilsdatter, who died 1825, 84 years old. It would be fully in accordance with traditional naming practice if the first daughter of the second marriage was named after the first wife. And Inger Hansdatter was born i 1774 (baptised Febr. 23.), her father being Hans Ragnildrød (according to the churchbook), no patronym and no mother's name given.I should mention that according to the Bygdebok Hans and Guri had only two children: Nils, born 1777 (baptised Nov. 5.) and Halvor, probably born 1778 (NB: uncertain!). But you can see that there is room for another child between marriage in 1773 and Nils's birth in 1777.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Hi Hans. Many thanks for digging this old query out again. It looks as if you are right. I have done a quick check in Hedrum’s genealogical web pages, and it looks very much as if Inger’s and Nils’s father is one and the same person. Furthermore it looks as if Hans was in a bit of a hurry to remarry after the death of his first wife. Three months and five days from the burial to the marriage. This surely can only mean that another child is on its way.I also had a quick check on Gamle Gjerpen web pages but could find no suitable marriage of Hans and Inger there either. Maybe if a skifte can be found for Hans (Nilsen d: 1796) further information could be found? Mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Hi Hans. I have found (frequently) both Niels and Halvor Hansen (Ragnhildrød) as godfathers to Inger Hansdatter's children. I presume therefore that Hans Nielsen's sons Niels and Halvor remained at Ragnhildrød? Mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Mathisen

Yes, the two brothers Nils and Halvor both lived their lives on Ragnildrød, Nils on the farm no. 2, Halvor on a 'husmannsplass' called Kjønnene. If you do not have access to Hedrum bygdebok, I can give you more info from it concerning their wives and children.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Hi Hans. Many thanks for the offer. I would appreciate to receive more information, either here of directly by e-mail to v.f.larsen@strath.ac.uk. Mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.