Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#4864] Greatgranfather's name

Gjest Margaret (Christianson)Morgan
 Del

Gjest Margaret (Christianson)Morgan

Would appreciate any help in locating the area my Greatgrandfather came from. Am not even sure how to spell his name..he was dodging the draft, around the year 1888-1890, left Norway on a ship from Trondheim with his wife and small daughter, Annie. A second daughter was born aboard ship, Jenny. On arrival to the US he changed his name to Christianson. His first name was Ole. His wife's maiden name was Johnson. Her brother came also, probably with his wife. We were told that the farm they came from was called "Seal" Stad(unsure of spelling), but sounds like the aquatic animal, the seal. Perhaps if you could just give me the proper spelling, it would help. Thank you!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Knut Bryn

My advice is that you spend some time searching in the Trondheim Emigrant Database. Your great gandparents should be found there.Among other candidates I found the Swede Olaf Selin who went from Trondheim to Winnipeg with his wife Anna and his daughter, also called Anna, at 17.04.1889. Perhaps his wife was a little old to have a new child on board (46 yrs.), but not exclusively old. There are also other families which may fit too, however.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Terje Pedersen

Do you know the date of birth for this Ole? His wife's first name and date of birth? The date of birth for their daughter Annie? It is a possibility that the farm name is Selstad.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.