Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#5022] Bydeboks

Gjest Brent Mikkelsen
 Del

Gjest Brent Mikkelsen

Are there Bydeboks for these communities? 1).Lakesvag,Aarstad,Sondre Bergenhuus 2)Hellebust,Gulen,Sogn og Fjordane Where is Sondre Bergenhuus? What does Sogn og Fjordane mean in English? I live in the USA and I found out that there are Bydeboks available here in some of our libraries. I need to know which ones to ask for. Are they titled by parish or farm or county? Thank you for any help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Oldervoll

A bygdebok usually are a book mentioning all the people living in a community, very foten a parsih or a municipality. Cold also be a general history of the same area. For Laksevåg, which is now a part of Bergen, there is no bygdebok in the first meaning of the word.Hellebust is a form and will not have a bygdebok. Gulen, as far as I know, do not have. I may be wrong, though. The meaning of Sogn og Fjordane? What does Wisconsin mean? It is a name. It is the name of a county, consisting of two parts; Sogn og Fjordane. The Fjordane consists of again of two parts; Nordfjord og Sunnfjord, meaning the South Fjord and The North Fjord. This areas has been given name by the fjords that is crossing the area. Fjordane litterally means the Fjords.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Terje Hatvik

With reference to Brent Mikkelsens initial questions, the term 'Sondre Bergenhus' is an old term/expression of the county which nowadays is known as 'Hordaland'. Hordaland fylke replaced Sondre (or rather: Søndre) Bergenhus amt as a official name for the county concerned in 1918, if my memory serves me right. Furthermore, todays 'Sogn and Fjordane fylke' was formerly known as 'Nordre Bergenhus amt'.Each county consists of many municipalities and parishes. In Hordaland, for example, there are currently 34 different municipalities. And, if I may add, Bergen is the capitol of Hordaland, as well the capital city of our region; Western Norway = Vestlandet.Regards, Terje Hatvik

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.