Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#5099] Marcia

Gjest Knox
 Del

Would someone help with several questions, please?1. I would like to know the English translation of 'pleieson' as it pertains to familiestatus.2. I would like to know the English translation of the following description of 'bodker' from the dictionary on Digitalarkivet....."handverker som framstilte tonner og tonneformede kar".(My great-great Grandfather's profession was that of 'bodkermester'. His son's were all 'bodkersvend'. Is bodkersvend the same as apprentice?)3. I changed the number of information categories on the 'show/hide variables' at the top and bottom of the census pages. I can't get any of those categories back again. It tells me to select the categories I want to show and then click the 'reset' button. There is no reset button. I tried the 'refresh' button on the browser but that doesn't do it either. Would anyone happen to know how I can fix this problem?Thank you very much for any help you can give me. Takk for hjelpen!Marcia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bente Øien Hauge

If I am wrong, I hope someone will correct me, but I believe "pleieson" can be translated with "foster son", that is a boy who is not born in the family but in their care. A "pleieson" is not adopted by the family.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks to you too, Bente. These questions I've been trying to answer for myself for quite a while and getting nowhere fast. I'm glad I discovered this forum. Everyone is so courteous here. I appreciate the help. Marcia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Mathisen

Please give your full name, Marcia! It is expected in this forum. And good luck with your search. Best wishes Hans

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.