Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#5150] Jenny, Tilly, Halvor,Karl and Louise Juliussen fro

Gjest Arne Mikal Mikkelsen
 Del

I am trying to find information on my grandmother's family from Viksnæs Avaldsnæs. My grandmother and her sister Tilly emigrated to the United States in the early 1900's. Also on Tilly's husband Mathius Østergaard whose family also were there.Thank you for your help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Geir K Eide

I guess there have been some "changing" of these names ?According to Avaldsnes "bygdebok" (Viksnæs) there is none family using second name Juliussen connected to these firstnames.However there is a family at Viksnæs ( Visnes) that migth bee the people you are trying to find.Hermann Markus Julius ,Halvorsen Kallevig b. 1842 (from Oslo). married 1871 to Anna Kristine Paulsdatter Skeie b. 1845 in Avaldsnes.Their children:a)Halvor Martinius b.1874,b)Tilla Kristine b.1876,c)Anna Lovise b.1882,d)Peder Theodor b. 1884,e)Tilla Kristine b.1886, f)Janna Marie b.1889 g)Hermann Markus Julius b.1891.Source :"Bygdebok for Avaldsnes vol. 1" p.93. Author : Arnvid Lillehammer.Karl is not mentioned.At the 1900 census you will find this family in Skaare municipality where Karl is mentioned.They are by that time living at Lillesund.Today this place is situated in Haugesund.At the 1900 census the family are menetioned this way: Ane Kallevig b. 1844 in (widow),Halvor Kallevig b.1874,Karl Kallevig b.1879.Anne Kallevig b.1882,Peder Kallevig 1884,Tilla Kallevig b.1887. Janne Kallevig b.1889.-They are all mentioned born in Avaldsnes.At the emigration records , port of Stavanger. In 1907: Tilly Kristine Kallevig , to Brooklyn.In 1909:Janna Marie Kallevig, born 15.Sep. 1889. to Brooklyn.There is a Matias Østergaard b.1886 living at Sørhaug in Skaare mun. Sørhaug is today situated in Haugesund as well .His parents mentioned at the 1900 census:Osmund Østergaard b.1848 in Avaldsnes,Signe Østergaard b. 1864 in Sveen.At the emigrations records, port of Stavanger, there is a Matias Østgaard mentioned :Married to Telly Julius in 1918 at age 32 ys.The records don`t mention the year when he left Stavanger.sincerly Geir K Eide.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Geir:Thank you so very much for this information.Tilla Christine (1886),raised my father in New York after his mother (Janna) died, she also raised me until I was seven so my mother could work after my father died. I thank you so very much for filling in that part of my family story.tusen takkArne Mikal

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Geir K Eide

Nice to read that this was the family you were searching.If you need any more info concerning the anscestors of Anna Paulsdtr.Skeie. I can provide that.But I think we will do that by e-mail My adr:eidegk@online.noHermann Markus Julius Halvorsen Kallevig was by occupation mentioned as a miner in the cupper mines at Vigsnes.As you probably know ,the cupper in the Statue of Liberty (New York) was provided from these mines.Hermann`s father:Halvor Mikkelsen Abelsted.Geir K Eide.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.