Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#5169] Bekkeset farm, Nore, Buskerud

Gjest Vidar Larsen
 Del

Gjest Vidar Larsen

One of my ancestors lived on Bekkeset farm in Opdahl Annex of Rolloug prestegjeld in Buskerud at the time of the 1801 census. In an attempt to locate this farm, I found two Bekkeset farms in the 1865 census, (gård no 200 & 201), both located in Nore Hovedsogn in Nore Prestgjeld. (Nestøverste skoledistrikt). In the 1886 Gårdsmatrikkelen at RHD I find Bækkeset nordre (løpenr 200a) og Bækkeset søndre (løpenr 201a) as Bruk nr 3 & 5 respectively under Landsgaard (gård nr 143) in Nore sogn in Nore kommune, Bækkeset og Nystølen (løpenr 484c) as Bruk nr 2 under Sand nedre in Hol sogn in Hol kommune, and Bækkeset (Sæter) (løpenr 146b) as Bruk nr 2 under Ramberg nordre (gård nr 107) in Dagalien Sogn, Nore kommune. The only Bekkeset listed in the 1900 census for the whole of Norway is listed under Ramberg nordre, now Nore Herred, Krets nr 10 gård nr 107, bruk nr 2&3. In Map-on-Web the nearest Bekkeset farm to Opdahl (Uvdal) or Nore is in Hol kommune. Has anybody got sufficient local knowledge to verify to which of these farms the 1801 census refers? Mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Kenneth Talmo

You can forget all about Hol kommune and also the place called Bekkeset listed under Ramberg nordre in 1900. Bekkeset farms are placed in Nore og Uvdal, Numedal, Buskerud. I found two Bekkeset in Nore when I searched the 1900 census. So they are placed at the same place as they have been for hundreds of years. The first man I have heard of from this farm, was a man called Knut Bjørnsen Bekkeset and he married Barbro Torsteinsdotter Borge before 1580. I hope this was some kind of help to you, VidarTor Kenneth

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Thanks Tor. I don't know what happen, but I got only one Bekkeset farm in Norway when searching 1900 census earlier today. However the other two farms in Nore were found tonight. As they have the farm no 143 they must be the as recorded in the Gårdmatrikelen under Landgaard. The problem for me is that neither Landgaard nor Bekkeset in Nore shows up on Map-on Web. However on assumption that there was some logic to the numbering system, both farm no 142 and 145 showed up with map coordinates fairly simmilar. I therefore presume that Bekkeset must be somewhere in that neighbourhood. Thanks again Tor.mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tone Britt Olsen

My mother side of the family are from Numedal (Nore and Uvdal). I have the Nore-books. I am also related to people who have lived on one of the Bekkeset farms. Are you related to any of the persons who have lived at either of the Bekkeset farms ? Do you have these Nore-books and/or a map of Nore ? If you like, I can mail the pages (19) and a map to you.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Hi Tone. Your offer is most appreciated. As it is not just Bekkeseth farm in Nore and Uvdal in which I am interested, maybe if you would make contact by e-mail I can send you a summary of what I got. This should then enable you to decide what to send and what not to send. This would be a great help to me. My e-mail address is v.f.larsen@strath.ac.ukmvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Vidar Larsen

ToneTried to e-mail you over the weekend, but your service provider had difficulties delivering it to you. So here is the summary of my interest in ekkeset.My connection to Uvdal is through Lars Tellefsen who settled in Stavern, Vestfold, but was born in Uvdal 12/11/1823 to Tollev Tronsen (born 1792) and Tonnie Larsdatter (born 1789) from Sønstebø farm in Uvdal.I believe Tollev's parents were Tron Tollevsen (born 1741) and Ambiør Knudsdatter (born 1747) from Bekkeset farm in Nore. I have no other information on Ambiør.Tron's mother was Gro Torstensdatter, (born 1719) who was living on Bekkeset in 1801 according to the census. I believe his father was Tollev Tronsen Bekkeseth who died in 1785. I have no other information on Gro or Tollev.I believe Tonnie Larsdatter's parents were Lars Pedersen (born 1762) and Christi Larsdatter (born 1756) from Bakkejordet who married in 1887 when he was a widower and she a widow. Lars apparently had been married earlier to Tonnie Hellechsdatter. According to RHD's Gårdsmatrikkelen of 1886 Bakkejordet may also be called Skiftingsrud. I have no further information on Christi.Lars Pedersen's mother was Tore Larsdatter (born 1728) who was living on Sønstebøe in 1801 according to the census. His father might have been Peder Larsen Skiftingsrud who died in 1782 the year before a Lars Pedersen Skiftingsrud married a Tonnie Hellechsdatter who died in 1786.mvh Vidar Med vennlig hilsen Vidar --

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.