Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#5203] Peder Jensen Urnaes

Gjest Lester Pederson
 Del

Gjest Lester Pederson

I am attempting to verify that Peder Jensen Urnaes Married in Hafslo 1869.12.10 record #2617 in the marriage archive is the same person as Peter J. Urnas found in record #96481 of the Digitalarkivet:"Norwegians living in Minnesota according to 1880 Census". I believe he is my great-grandfather. I also am seeking information regarding records #96482, 96483, 96484, 96485 of the same archive. I believe these are family members of Peder but I can not reconcile the name "Anna Urnas age 37" in record 96482 with the name "Andrine Olsdatter Sviggum" who is the bride of Peder Jensen Urnaes in the marriage record. If anyone can direct me to a possible source to search or has knowledge of this person, I would appreciate it. I believe that Peder came from Urness farm #183, but I can not find information on this farm.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bent Grotle

At this address: http://www.sffarkiv.no/sffbasar/ you will find the following in the 1865-Census: Hafslo Parish: Farm: Urnæs Øvre (Upper Urnaes): Father Jens Jensen, age 55, mother Berte Torkildsdatter, age 50. Children: Peder Jensen, age 16, Magritte Jensdatter, age 11, Anna Jensdatter, age 27. Anna is unmarried and has a daughter Ingrid Andersdatter, age 1. Anna is the sister of Peder while Andrine is his wife. Regards Bent Grotle

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Knut Bryn

Your probable great grandmother Andrine Olsdatter was born out of wedlock 6th Nov 1843 (father: Ole Andersen Kjørlaug, mother: Anne Østensdatter). She got a daughter out of wedlock 11th Dec 1862 and called her Anne (father: Søren Botolvsen Lunde). I suppose this is Anna, 18 yrs., that you have found i Minnesota 1880.Andrine got another child out of wedlock 29th Mar 1869 with Peder Jensen Urnes. He was called Jens and you have found him in Minnesota as James, 9 yrs. Later this year Andrine and Peder married and 29th Apr 1870 they emigrated from Bergen with these two children. You'll find them in one of the emigration databases at Digitalarkivet.Don't be too suspicious about the change of name from Andrine to Anna. I suppose Andrine sounded more strange than Anna when arriving in America.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.