Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#5225] Tromso census and birth records, 1845-60

Gjest Douglas Chaffey
 Del

Gjest Douglas Chaffey

Does anyone have access to the census returns for Tromso for 1855, and/or birth-baptism registrations for Tromso in the same period? My great grandmother, Anna Christine Olsen, was born in Tromso on July 30, 1849. I think, but cannot prove, that her parents were Erick Olsen (a gunsmith) and his wife Karen Hammer. I would appreciate the assistance of anyone with access to these records. Thank you - Douglas Chaffey

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torill Berg

Hello Douglas.I can check the birthrecords for Tromsø next time I visit Statsarkivet in Tromsø. I hope to go there next Tuesday.In the FT 1865 for Troms I have found a Erich Olsen, weaponsmith, born 1822 in Sundalen. Married to Karen Hammer, born 1819 in Overhalden.They have the following children: Marie Olsen, born 1852 in Tromsø Lina Olsin, born 1854 in Tromsø Emelie Olsin, born 1856 in Tromsø Oluf Olsin, born 1858 in Tromsø Bergitha Olsin, born 1861 in TromsøAnna Christina is not mentioned here, but of course she can has moved. She is about 16 years old in 1865..Well, the best thing is to check the birthrecords. And as I told you, I`ll try to reach there next Tuesday.You can write to me on this adress if you want: post@martinesbutikk.nuRegards Torill Berg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Douglas Chaffey

Thank you for your responses to my message. Tromso Archives has confirmed by letter that my great grandmother, Anna Christine Olsen, was born to Erich and Karen Marie Eliasdatter Olsen on July 30, 1850, in Tromso. Now another question: I have found an entry in 'familysearch' - the LDS site - which states that Erik Olsen married Karen Marie Eliasdatter on 26 October 1849, in Tromso. Can anyone confirm this for me? And if so, were there witnesses or parents listed as being present? One question does lead to another.Thank you - Douglas Chaffey

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Britt Frank

I think all researchers know that one question leads to another one. But I'm afraid rather few reseacher from Troms-area are visiting this forum. So again I would recommend that you post a new message on http://www.troms-slekt.com - I have noticed that you did receive a reply on your first query on that site.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.