Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#5261] Bygdebok for Vaksdal / Bruvik?

Gjest Heidi Tofterå Slettemoen
 Del

Er det noen som har bygdebok for Vaksdal og Bruvik tilgjengelig?Jeg prøver å hjelpe Dale Tuvey (se annet innlegg) å finne Christina Sevrina Sørensdatter/Nilsen f. 1875.Hennes far var smed ved Vaksdal mølle i 1900, Søren Kristian Nils. Reikvam, gift med Kristiane Olsdatter Kalland. Han født 1840, hun født 1845. For meg ser det ut som de flyttet til Vaksdal like etter datteren Sofie var født (i Bergen) 1873. De to er gift i Bergen 1871.Håper noen kan hjelpe!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Tertnes

Under Vaksdal i Vaksdal Bygdebok, Bruvik sokn finner jeg familien. Barna: Wilhelm 1871 - 1962 bankmann b. i Minnesota gm Marie. Sofie 1879 - 1953 ugift sydame, bosatt Molde Kristine 1875 - 1918 ugift i Seattle Hilda Gunnhilde 1877 - 1890 Olufine 1879 - 1950 ugift Nikoline 1881 - 1958 gm i Bergen Konrad Eggers Nils 1883 - 1933 ugift bosatt USA Mathias 1886 - bosatt USA Johan 1888 bosatt USA Wilhelmine Kristine 1890 - 1969 lærer, bosatt Molde gm skoleinspektør Ivar Vartdal 1892 - 1971.Det er alt som står i Vaksdal bygdebok under VaksdalmvhJan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dale Tuvey

Jan-Thank you very much for this information. Can you or someone else translate any of this into English of tell me what some of the abbreviations mean? For example the words bosatt, Molde gm skoleinspektør, laerer, sydame. Does bankmann bean Wilhelm was a banker in Minnesota who married a woman named Marie? Did Nikoline marry a man named Konrad Eggers? That is what it looks like to me. Incidently I visited the graves of Kristine and Nils here in Seattle, Washington, USA today. It is nice to know something about their birth and their family. I would appreciate any help in interpreting this information.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi again Dale,First a thank you to Jan for the swift reply!So to the translation:"Under Vaksdal (farm/township)in Vaksdal Bygdebok, Bruvik parish I find the family. Children: Wilhelm 1871 - 1962 banker living in Minnesota m/ Marie. Sofie 1879 - 1953 unmarried seamstress, lived in Molde. Kristine 1875 - 1918 unmarried (if this is your grandmother the unmarried part cannot be correct!) in Seattle Hilda Gunnhilde 1877 - 1890 Olufine 1879 - 1950 unmarried Nikoline 1881 - 1958 m/ in Bergen to Konrad Eggers Nils 1883 - 1933 unmarried. US. Mathias 1886 - US. Johan 1888- US Wilhelmine Kristine 1890 - 1969 teacher, Molde m/ schoolinspector Ivar Vartdal 1892 - 1971. This is all the info. in the Vaksdal bygdebok (local history book)."Hope this gets you on your way!Heidi

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dale Tuvey

Heidi-Thank you for the translation! It is very helpful. I have been searching for the birth of Wilhelm, Kristine, Hilda, Olufine, Nikoline and Nils. I can't find them. Since Søren and Kristiane were married in Bergen and Sofie was born in Bergen I thought Wilhelm would have been as well but I can't find him. I have no idea where the family was when Kristine, Hilda, Olufine, Nikoline, and Nils were born. I can't find them in Bergen and don't find any trace of the family until Mathias was born in Vaksdal. there seems to be a hole from 1873 when Sofie was born in Bergen to 1886 when Mathias was born in Vaksdal. Any suggestions?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I checked to see if I could find them in Bergen in the censuses from 1875 or 1891, but there wasn`t any trace of them there. That`s why I believe they moved right after Sofie was born.Since the digital archives do not yet contain information for Vaksdal or Bruvik parish between 1865 and 1900, it is hard to find them via computer.Maybe if you tried writing to the State Archives through the forum concerning sources someone there might be able to look them up in the church registers for you!Good luck!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.