Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#5263] Ole T. Hodne b. 1827 Rennesøe

Gjest Arne Mikal Mikkelsen
 Del

My great great grandfather, Ole T. Hodne was listed in the 1865 census as a ship owner in Frue Hetland. I have tried to follow his family back to Rennesøe in the 1801 Census, with no luck. Can anyone help me through the bygdebok or parish records? Thank you.Arne Mikal Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunleif Seldal

In the 1865 census Ole Hodne is listed under the farm Østebø as owner of a house and houseground; ie a property separated from the main farm with its own land register number, in this case no. 7. Østebø is located on the island Hundvåg just north of Stavanger harbour. Two smaller islands, Buøy and Engøy, located just south of Hundvåg and closer to the harbour, also belonged to the farm. It was probably on one of these islands Ole had his property.Ole was a widower with 8 children at the time, and he had a housekeeper and two servants. In addition Berte, widow of Klaus, lived in the house. She was entitled to living allowance, ie free housing, food and care from Ole for as long as she lived. (the meaning of "folge")Berte was most likely Ole's mother. She had a second christian name and her patronimic was Jonsdatter. She was already a widow when she married Klaus Klausen Hodne. Klaus may have been Ole's father but he may as well have been his stephfather. Ole could have been named after Berte's first husband or after someone in his family.As far as Klaus Klausen or Claus Clausen is concerned, he was born on Hodne farm, Rennesøy in 1800. He is found in the 1801 census in 1142 Houschen (Hausken) under Hodne farm, 1 year old. (Obviously the clerical district Hausken changed to Rennesøy sometime between the two censuses.) A tiny island or reef between Buøy and Engøy is named "Klasasjæret" after this Klaus.Back to Ole Hodne. Shortly after 1865 he remarried and got more children. He seems to have been prosperous; in the 1875 census he and his family had moved to Bispeladegård on the mainland.His name was now Ole T. Hodne and he was titled shipowner, masterseiner and farmer. His "ship" was probably a fishing vessel of some kind.I am occationally visiting Statsarkivet in Stavanger, and if I get time I could check a bit more in the church records. Do you have an e-mail adress?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hello Gunleif!Thank you so much! This information is very helpful. I would greatly appreciate anything further you can discover. My email address is:anp4749@sympatico.caSince you seem to have much knowledge of this region, would you mind sending me your email address, in case I have any more questions later on?Thank you again Arne Mikal

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.