Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#5267] Thore Ragnaas, N. Urdahl Valders, Norway

Gjest Roger D. Topper
 Del

Gjest Roger D. Topper

Thore Ragnaas was born 22 May 1841 in Northern Urdahl Valders, Norway, came to America in 1865 and changed his last name to Topper. He was married to Sarah Akern (Ekern?)before emigrating. He died in Dane Co. Wisconsin 1 Jan 1928. This information is from his death certificate and a copy of a land record from Wisconsin. I am looking for information for records from this area in Norway. Where is Valders and where can I find more information? Thanks....

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Hello. I belive his name was Thore ROGNAAS after a farm in Nordre Aurdal(Ourdal) in Oppland. (Valdres). I belive there is books about farms for this area.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bente Bråthen

I think Berit is right, but I don`t think the "bygdebok" is ready yet.You can try Valdres folkemuseum in Fagernes. I believe they have a kind of register on farms there. Bente.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Else Reither

Hi Roger, if you are interested in seeing the farm on a map you can do it this way:Go to www.statkart.no (that is the site for the Norwegian Mapping Authority), find and click on "Norgesglasset" on the menu and than click on "Gå til Norgesglasset". There you will find a map over Norway and a menu. Click on "Stedsnavn" and click on "Oppland" in the menu to the right of "fylke", and than "Rognås" (or just "Rogn*" if you don't know how to make an "å" on your computer)to the right of "Søk etter" (="search for"), and then "start søk" (="start searrch"). Than you will have a list of placenames with "Rogn*" in them, and "Rognås" in Etnedal (the only "Rognås" I have been able to find in Valdres) is the last one. Click on it and the right map will come up.Good luck!Else

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Born May 22 1841 Nord Aurdal THORE. Parents: Ole Thor(e)sen Rognaas and Astri A...datter (Anders og Arnesdatter?).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.