Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#5278] Help in translating !

Gjest Arne Mikal Mikkelsen
 Del

I have found some phrases that I can't find a translation for:1.Selveier af Huus og skyldsat Huusgrund 2.Klaus Enke FolgeroneI would appreciate if someone can help me with these phrases.Thank youArne Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Knut Bryn

Owner of his/her house and the ground where the house i placed. More tricky. If you could tell where, who, and in which database this is, it would be simpler.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Knut, thank youIt is in 1865 census for Frue Hetland, Gardsnavn,Østebøe (gaard),Matrikkel 7, Merknad 35,38. (Ole Hodne,)Reference numbers 691-702. the phase #2 is under reference #691 Personnr #22 Berte!!, Yrke =Klaus Enke Folgekone.Is Berte (Eternavn = !!) a relative?Thank you.Arne Mikal

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lars Løkkebø

I guess that Berthe is the mother of Ole Hodne. She is the widow of Klaus. Klaus is the name of the first son to Ole, and that indicate that the father of Ole was a man with the name Klaus. His oldest daughter is Klausine, and that indicate the same.So I think you can be sure that Klaus and Berthe is the parents to Ole Hodne. But to be sure you have to go to the churchbooks.It also seems that Ole lost his wife the abouth 1864, since the last son is one years old.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Lars;Ole is my great-great-grandfather. I tried to find Church records for Rogaland, there seems to be very few. I would like to find Ole's parents & his wife's name. So I can follow the family tree some more.Thank you for your help.Arnewhat does Klaus Enke Folgekone translate to?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lars Løkkebø

The translation will something like this:Berthe, her last name unknown ", the widof of Klaus.I don't find anything abouth "folgekone"lars

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Magne Førre

Another word for "folgekone" would be "kårkone". According to my Norw.-English dictionary the word "folge" means "accomodation and support provided by the new owner of landed property for its former owner, esp. by a son for his father". This was, and to a large degree still is, part of the payment for a farm when a new generation takes ower - the Norwegian odel system.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.