Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#5284] Ben

Gjest Black
 Del

Hello! I Can't speak Norwegian so I guess I'm talking to anyone who can ( I hear that one of the compulsory languages in Norway is English ) speak English. I'm a 21 year old Australian who is trying to find out my family history. My last name is Black which I know is Scottish. The question however is about my mothers maiden name. The name is Holman. I've looked at my mums family history and it says that the name Holman is related to Viking invaders from the 10th century. I need to know if I may have some small scandinavian influence or if I am of pure British Heritage. This is part of my growing up process, ( to know my ancestors ) so please help me. My E-Mail address is benmelblackking@hotmail.com.au Thanks

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Knut Bryn

Hello, Ben! If you are of Scottish heritage, you have probably got Norwegian blood in your veins. Scotland was a part of the Vikings' land for some hundreds of years. The surname Holman, however, doesn't prove anything. That surname is not typically Norwegian, but seem to have a pure English origin. When this is said, I must add that there have been some Holmans in Norway too, - at least back to the 17th century.The coclusion is that you cannot say anything about your possible Scandinavian ancestors from the surnames you mention. You have to find out more about your grandparents and greatgrandparents. I hope your parents are alive and can tell you.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.