Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#5291] Other research sites?

Gjest Arne Mikal Mikkelsen
 Del

Hi, Hello/Hilsen,I have been posting on this site and have received lots of Help. But,I am very new on the genealogy search techniques and need some guidance. I have read some some of the postings and there appears to be "Area" web sites where you can post questions,like Troms area http://www.troms-slekt.com. Are there similar sites for Hordaland, Rogaland, Vestfold etc? I also saw a reference for "family search - the LDS site?And in particular I need help on how to find information on Swedish Immigrants into Norway in the mid to late 1800's and how I trace them in Sweden.As I said I have had wonderful wonderful help so far and have been given information that traced branches of my family back to 1485.I am now hooked on the research and don't want to stop until I have followed every lead.Thank you/ Tusen TakkArne Mikal Mikkelsen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

As for Rogaland, Hordaland and Sweden, I can not answer, but there is one site for Hedrum, a rural area in South Vestfold where you may post inquiries.www.uio.no/~khunskaa/slektIt's unfortunately all in Norwegian, but when you have found the right page (Etterlysninger) you may post in English.There is also a Vestfold-slekt site, but as far as I know they have no site for posting inquiries.As a matter of interest, in which part of Vestfold are you interested?Regards Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

VidarI am interested in Nøtterøy and Tjømo, my great grandfather was a seaman and lived in Kjøbmanndsskjær (sp?).Thank youArne Mikal

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

Hello!Vidar has directed you to my site [url="http://www.uio.no/~khunskaa/slekt/>http://www.uio.no/~khunskaa/slekt/ . This is a site which deals with Hedrum parish in southern Vestfold and inquiries is meant to be connected to Hedrum.However http://www.vestfold-slekt.net/ has some informaion about Nøtterøy/Tjøme. And by visiting

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Kristian,Thank you, you have helped me before. I had sent an e-mail to John Strom some time ago as you suggested. I have had no reply to date. I also wanted to appologize for misspelling your first name in our last posting, my daughter's name is Kristen and it was an honest mistake. Again many thanks for you help. I will look at these other sites.Arne Mikal

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Christina Frøysland

Arne Mikal!I have lived on Tjøme and have the bygdebook and relatives still living there. Can I help you with something?What was your greatgrandfathers name?Christina

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per Helge Seglsten

DIS has branches in every fylke. Most of the local branches have working web sites where you may post queries.Per Helge

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hello Christina!My great grandfather's name was Severin Karlsen, b. 1854 in Sweden. His first wife was Augusta Antonsdatter, also from Sweden. Augusta died in 1896, and he remarried, Jorgine Louise Hansen in 1898, in Tjøme.I have information on my grandfather, Karl Gustav Karlsen (b. 1886) and his half-brother, Sverre Karlsen (b.1900). I am trying to find any information on other brothers or sisters, born after 1900; including births, deaths, marriages, emigration, etc. I believe there was a brother Albert, born after 1900, who also emigrated to the US. If possible, I would also like to find a record of my grandfather's (Karl Gustav) emigration to the US in 1906 (?).Also, I would be interested to know if there are any records of Severin and Augusta, immigrating from Sweden to Norway.Thank you for any help... Arne Mikal

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hello Per Helge!Thank you for your response. Can you tell me, what is DIS? And how do you access it? I am new at this, and unfamiliar with many of the Norwegian web sites.Thanks again... Arne Mikal

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lars Johannessen

Hello Arne! DIS can be reached at this address: www.disnorge.no. DIS is a meeting-place for norwegian genealogists, with branches in several counties (fylker). Unfortunately, the english part of the site is not very extensive. Maybe a better place to start is at homepages.rootsweb.com/~norway/index.html

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest John Strøm

Hello ArneSorry for not seeing this before. :-)But I have just had a major breakdown of the PC and had to rebuild the whole PC.I went back on the web after 14 days yesterday and recieved 843 emails. Enough of that.Sorry but I cannot help you as my microfiches for Tjøme are only until 1878 but from Nøtterøy I have the churchbooks 1791-1924.I've tried to see if some of them lived on Nøtterøy , but no luck sofar.Regards John

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

John' Thank you for your response.The family lived in Tonesberg in the 1900 census. Is that a separate area for church records?Thank you.Arne MikalToo bad about your computer, we depend on them SO much now.Arne

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest John Strøm

Yes, the parishes there are Tjøme, which was a part of Nøtterøy prior to 1852 and an annex of same until 1872 and Nøtterøy, both of these are islands located south of the city Tønsberg which is also a parish and all have separate records. All three were separate parishes in 1900. They are also 3 separate political units today called "kommune". But the good news is that the records have all been microfilmed by Latter Day Saints and if you have access to a LDS church/center the records will be accessible as microfische in the US in one of the libraries that they have.Mvh John

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.