Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#5362] Bygdebok ?

Gjest Arne Mikal Mikkelsen
 Del

Is there a comprehensive list of all the Bygdebok(s) and where or who keeps them? I have been given information on all different branches of my family tree from various "Bygdebok" and I don't know how they are listed. Fylke? Parish? Are there volumes or by time periods?I need a short course on how to access the volumes.Thank You.Arne Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Heidi Tofterå Slettemoen

I am guessing that the easiest for you may be to contact the University of North Dakota in Grand Forks. They have most of the Norwegian bygdebooks.To make it all "easier" some are divided into townships, some into parishes and some are divided into time periods. Many have the genealogy in some volumes and the farm histories in others. There isn`t a "rule" as to how to make one, who makes it (often the local historical community or the "kommune" takes the initiative)or which area has one.If you are lucky, you will find that the area your family has their roots in has a bygdebok. I would try searching for the parish at the library, either in ND, where I know they have them, or at a major library in Canada or Norway.Good luck!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert Bjerke

There was a list published about 35 years ago, but many bygdeboker have been published since then. Good libraries to check are: the University of Wisconsin Library, the University of Minnesota Library, the LDS Genealogical Society library in Salt Lake City. The last may well be your best bet. Its catalog is accessible through a local Family History Center at a Mormon church in your area.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Heide, Robert and Truls:Thank you so much for your helpful replies. I shall begin my search. Thank you again (takk).Arne Mikal

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.