Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#5398] Gjøran Jensdatter in Ytre Rendal

Gjest Ralph Peterson
 Del

Gjest Ralph Peterson

Gjøran Jensdatter b.3June 1833 (my ggrandmother) the daughter of Jens Haagensen and Marit Johnsdatter. They were not married. The baptism records lists the "Bosted" for both parents as "Sjølie". I believe Gjøran lived with her mother but am not sure and am tring to find out more about Marit. The 1801 census lists a Marith Jonsd living with her parents Jon Jonsen and Maren Embrethsd on Gard Androg No 2. That could be her. Any help in confirming my guesses would be greatly appreciated. Thank You Ralph Peterson

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ola Klefsås

I am afraid there is very little I can do to help. BUT: In the bygdebok “Ytre Rendal, gard og ætt” by Odd Nytrøen she is mentioned.The cotter’s place was Kvernstua (might be translated Miller’s cottage), and Jens Haagensen and his wife Ragnhild Pedersdtr lived there. Jens was born 1809, and before his marriage he had this daughter Gjøran or Jøran. According to the church book the girl’s mother was Marit Johnsdatter, living at Sjølie, and the child was baptized on Oct 7, 1833. The author of the bygdebok has written a question mark behind the mother’s name, which probably means that he has not found out about her.In addition to Gjøran Jens had two sons out of wedlock, among them Torgal, born 1841, who went to America in 1874.Sorry, this is all I could find. Ola

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ralph Peterson

Ola thanks again for your help. I think that Matit was the girl in the 1801 census but will still keep looking .

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.