Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#5437] Help with search

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

I am trying to locate my great grandmother and her 13 year old daughter, in the 1900 Census. I have found them in the 1891 for Bergen.-Malene Anders.; born 1851 in Indvigen Nordfjord; occupation Syarbeide. -Thora (Marie) Andersen; b. 1887 in BergenI know that in 1930, my great grandmother died in Bergen, and that her daughter was still living there, although married by that time. She married Albert Tvedt, in Bergen in 1907. I suspect it is possible that in 1900, they were living in an area nearby, but not actually in the city of Bergen. Can anyone please suggest the names of towns, which would be likely places to look?Also, in the 1891 Census, my great grandmother was receiving public assistance ("fattigvæsenet"). It is possible that in 1900, my great grandmother and her daughter may have been living in a home for the poor. I read that these "second households" are now included in the 1900 Census. Is there a way that I can search these households specifically? How are they identified in the Census?Thank you for your assistance, Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Mathisen

I found Albert Tvedt, born 1885, on Gyldenpris (possibly a farm?) in Askøy, in the 1900 census. Askøy is close to Bergen. He may be the person who married Thora (Marie) Andersen in Bergen in 1907. I also found two other men by the names Albert Tvedt, but they were too young to marry in 1907.May be you should look for Thora and her mother in Askøy in 1900?Hans

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Hans!I do believe the Albert Tvedt you found, may well be the one who married Thora Marie in 1907. The marriage record states that he was born in 1886, in Lakesvaag. Could this be the same as Laxevaag, which is a farm name in Askøy?Unfortunately, I could not find either Malene or Thora in this location. But thanks you for the suggestion...Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Mathisen

Lakesvaag is a misprint for Laksevaag (to day: Laksevåg). This is a parish, now a part of Bergen I believe, not a farm in or any part of Askøy.I have also tried to locate Malene Andersen and Thora (Marie) in the 1900 census. The closest I have come is HANNA Andersen, widow, occupation: vaskerske (paa kontorer) (i.e. a cleaning woman, working in bureaus/office building(s)), born 1843 in Bergen, and her daughter Thora Andersen, unmarried, occupation: syerske, born 1878 in Bergen. I realize this is not in all respects what you are looking for, but I feel that you probably should not exclude the possibility that these people after all might be the right ones. Errors do occur, as we all know.Best wishes. Hans

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bjørn Davidsen

Albert Tvedt, who married Thora Andersen in JK, Bergen, july? 1907, has to be born at Karensfryd, Gyldenpris, Laksevåg, at the end of 1886. His brother, Martin, was born/bapt. May 1885, not 1886 as the 1900-census tell us. Their parents: Johannes Lassesen Tvedt (Tveit) and Synnøve Monsdatter, both from Lavik in Sogn. They lived at the farm "Karensfryd" as farmers (paktere).Laksevåg was a part of Askøy (Askøen) till 1918, but got it's own church 1875. Today Laksevåg is a part of Bergen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

To Hans and Bjørn,Hans, thank you very much for the information about Laksevaag, and more importantly, for attempting to find these members of my family in the 1900 Census. I agree that errors certainly do happen. But I wonder if so many differences in a single record are likely? I will print out this family anyway, for my files.Bjørn, did you see my post a few days ago, thanking you for helping me to find records of my grandfather and his family? When you found that record of his birth, that started everything! Also, thank you very much for the information on Albert Tvedt.What I need to do, is find out what happened to my grandfather's brother and sister, after the 1900 Census. I know his brother (Andreas Johan Adolf Andersen) moved to Oslo, sometime after his marriage in 1903 (to Stina Francisca Hansen). And I know that Thora (Andersen) Tvedt still lived in Bergen, at the time of her mother's death, in 1930.I remain hopeful that eventually, I will locate some family, still living in Norway. Perhaps then I can see pictures of my grandfather and his family, and learn more about his life there.I will be extremely grateful for any assistance or suggestions...Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bjørn Davidsen

Stina and Andreas got Marny Steffine (1904), Solveig Andrea 1905 and Trygve 1909 in Bergen. I can't find that Albert and Thora got some children in Bergen before 1911. Purhaps they bapt. someone in Laksevåg, but the Laksevåg reg. is not finished.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hello again Bjørn,Thank you very much for finding Andreas's children. Now, I know that he did not move to Oslo until after 1909. I wonder how can I find out if they had any more children, after they moved to Oslo?Can you tell me, where do you go to find this information? Is it on the Internet, where I can also look myself? Also, what is the significance of the 1911 date? You said Albert & Thora did not have any children before 1911. Why is this date significant?Regarding Albert and Thora Tvedt -- according to the death record for Thora's mother Malene, in 1930, the couple was living in Bergen [at Årstad Barak 4D]. I think that if they had any children, they would have been born in Bergen. If there is no record, perhaps they did not have any. Or maybe Albert died?Thank you again for all your help, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.