Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#5468] Tvedt Family; Bergen or Laksevåg

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

This is to revise my earlier post ("Tvedt Family, in Bergen").I am trying to find information about my grandfather's family. His sister was Thora Marie Andersen (f. 7 Sep. 1887 i Bergen). In 1907, Thora married Albert Tvedt (f. 1886), according to church records for Johanneskirken, Bergen. Albert Tvedt died 6 Feb. 1961. At that time, Thora was listed as living in Bergen, and had 4 children:(1)Margarethe Abrahamsen, USA (see note below)(2)Adolf Tvedt, Bergen(3)Bjørk Tvedt, Bergen(4)Liv Mari Herstad, BergenNote: I found an emigration record for Thora Margrethe Tvedt (f. 1907; Aarstad, Laxevaag; or Laksevåg). I believe this may be Albert and Thora's daughter. So, it's possible that the children were not born in Bergen, as I originally thought.I do not have any more information about this family. If anyone can help me, I would be extremely grateful.Patricia Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Elin Skibenes

There is a person called Bjørk Tvedt in the phonebook for Bergen.I can't give you the number in this forum.But maybe you can look it up yourself.The name Bjørk is not very common in this country,so it's a chance that this is one of the persons you are seeking,or a relative.Good luck fromElin

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bibi.W. Opdal

You should call your operator as the number and address for the person with the same name as the one you are looking for is listed in the public phone directory

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you all for your replies!I have found birth information for the first child (Thora Margrethe). She emigrated to the US in 1923, and lived there until her death, in 1990. But I have nothing for the other 3 children.If there is anyone who has access to birth, death and marriage records, that are more current than those on this site... I would greatly appreciate some assistance in locating information on them. I believe they were born either in Årstad or Laksevåg.Thank you for your assistance... Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Heidi Tofterå Slettemoen

PS: I gather you know that both Årstad and Laksevåg are parts of Bergen?PS2: The Bjørk Tvedt living in Bergen is born in 1923. There is an Adolf Sverre Tvedt born 1912. No record of Liv Mari in Hordaland today.If you send me an e-mail I can give you their addresses. The info I have is from the public tax records.heidi@slettemoen.com

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 4 uker senere...

HeidiI sent you an email, but will post a response here as well. Thora Marie and Albert Tvedt were married in 1907, and had a child as late as 1921, so these birth years could work out. I would very much appreciate these addresses. My email is anp4749@sympatico.caIs there any other information about these men in the tax record? I would be grateful for anything you can tell me.Hilsen Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Heidi Tofterå Slettemoen

Found Albert in 1900. He was living with his parents on Gyldenpris, which was in Askøen kommune then, now in the Laksevåg part of Bergen. His parents were from Lavik in Sogn og Fjordane.Johannes Tvedt, house father, b. 1846Synneve Monsdtr, house wife, b. 1850Lasse Tvedt, seaman/sailor/lighthousewatcher in Boston, not married, b. 1879Marthin Tvedt, farmhand, b. 1884Albert Tvedt, son, b. 1885Johanna Tvedt, daughter, b. 1891Randolf Tvedt, son, b. 1894

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you HeidiI did get your email! Thank you so much for the information. I will try writing to these men. Maybe they are related to me. I hope they can read English... I know only a few words in Norwegian! It would be a very short conversation!Hilsen Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.