Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#5529] Looking for information ! Johanne Pedersdatter

Gjest Sorry
 Del

I am trying to find out information about my great, great grandmother. I have looked here, but can't find her for sure... Her name would be Johanne Pedersdatter. born: 1775 In Grefsrud, Norway she married Andrew Olsen (Swenby) married in 1915 or 1919 in Hole, Norway. They came to America sometime in the 1850's. Settling in Wisconsin. I want to find out the names of her parents, but don't know where to ask. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jim Bjorklund

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Heidi Tofterå Slettemoen

Hi Jim, I`m sure there`s a lot of people willing to help, but to do so you must give us some less confusing dates!I gather they were married in 1815 or 1819, but was she born as early as 1775? That would mean she was more than 75 years old when she left for Wisconsin?!!Grefsrud is in Hole. If you take a look at the 1801-census, you might find Johanne there. Her fathers name would be Peder, as Pedersdatter is a patronymikon. Andrew was probably Anders og Andreas in Norway, and Swenby might have been spelled with v.Good luck!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Else B. Rustad

According to the parish register of Hole, Johanne Pedersdtr. Grefsrud (from Næs) and soldier Anders Olsen Svendby (from Modum) got married on August 7, 1815. The age of the bride and bridegroom is not given. Best regards, Else B.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila Normann Christiansen

Jim! Do you know if they got any children before they left for the land of hope and glory? That might indicate the mothers age. She would surely be found in the 1801-census, but, her name is sort of common, so..... Laila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.