Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#5569] Vilhelm Kristiansen from Skedsmo, Akerhus

Gjest Sharol Nilsen
 Del

Gjest Sharol Nilsen

I'm looking for the parents of Vilhelm Kristiansen, he was born April 6, 1874 in Skedsmo, Akerhus, I know that he had a sister, Karoline Bendike born April 9, 1876. He married Laura Nilsen on May 29, 1898 in Sagene Church, Oslo. Vilhelm and Laura had quite a few children, Margit Kristine born Oct. 3, 1898, Olaf born May 10, 1900, Solveig Bertha born April 5, 1902, Sverre born July 21, 1903 and Birger born March 10, 1906, all of them were born in Oslo. Olaf left Norway in 1913 and went to the USA. There he married and raised a family. I'm actually doing this for one of Olaf sons, Robert, he is also interested in contacting any living relatives. He has never met any relatives from his fathers side of the family.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Heidi Tofterå Slettemoen

I`ve looked up likely parents in the 1875 census for Skedsmo.This is the most likely match (copy the link into the adressarea of your browser): Lenke Præstegjeld (parish)Farm name: Kjeller ØstreHouse: Haneborg Arbeiderbolig (workers lodging)Father: Kristian Hans., Høvelmester (høvel=plane) (høvelmester is a sort of carpenter specializing in planing) at Haneborg Sag (sawmill/planing mill), born 1825 in Urskau parishMother: Berte Marie Madsd. born 1834 in Høland parishTheir children:* Gurine Marie Kristiansd., daughter, helps her parents, born 1858 in Fedt parish* Haldor Kristians., son, born 1861 in Fedt, worked at the planing-/sawmill, putting wood into the planer.* Johan Kristians., son, born 1863 in Fedt* Arne Kristians., son, born 1867 in Fedt* Renhart Kristians., son, born 1869 Fedt* Magnild Kristiansd., daughter, born 1871 in FedtAnd finally:* Vilhelm Kristians., son, born 1874 in Skedsmo

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I found the family in Fet in the 1865 census also:THe farm was Høbraaten (Høybråten) in the school district Øvre Dalen (upper valley):Hans Ols., head of the household, age 73, husmand (I don`t know the translation!)with land. Widower. Born in Urskog parish (Aurskog today).Christian Hans., his son, carpenter, married, age 43. (Says here he was born in Fet)Berte Marie Madsd., his wife, married, age 33, Høland Parish.Gurine Marie Christiansd. their daughter, age 8, born in FetHalvor Christians., son, age 4, FetJohan Christians. , son, age 3, FetKaroline Amalie Adamsd., age 14, empoverished child that the family housed. She was born in Asker.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

You will find Hans Olsen in 1801 either as:Hans Olsen, age 7, at Mork Østre (Eastern Mork farm) in Blaker parish in Urschoug (Aurskog). Living with his father Ole Kristensen, age 37, and Hans` mother, Oles second wife Birthe Hansdtr., age 42. Here is also Hans` sister Kristine, 12, and brother Anders, 2. They lived at the same farm as Ole`s father, Kristen Gundersen, age 68, widower.OR:Hans Olsen, age 8, at the farm Gunildrud in Urschoug (Aurskog). Living with his widowed (for the second time) mother Anne Christoffersd. age 57, and sister Ragnild Olsdtr. age 11 and half brother Johannes Jensen age 27 who helped his mother and was a shoemaker. Seems Anne lived at/moved to her brothers farm, maybe her family came from this farm too, after she was widowed.OR:Hans Olsen, age 7, at the Bakken farm, also in Aurskog in Akershus. Son of Ole Gulbrandsen, age 43, and Anne Maria Hansdtr., age 40. Present is also his siblings, Marthe, 9, Gudmund, 4, and Birthe Maria, 1.I think the first one seems to be the closest match namewise, but maybe someone can help you look up Hans Olsens marriage in Aurskog, which may state his parents names. And also Christian/Kristians Hansens marriage to Berte Marie, probably in Høland (or Fet) around 1846.Hope this gets you on your way! :-)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

And again:Likely parents for Berte Marie in Høland census for 1865 are:Mads Kristensen (70) and Helene Olsdtr. (60) at the Skrepstad farm in Høland.OR:Mads Larsen (72) and Anne Hansdtr. (71) at Braanaas in Høland.Again the church registers for their marriage might show who her parents are.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

PS: They were not living in Oslo/Kristiania in the 1900 census, but in Lillestrøm (Skedsmo), which is not too far from Oslo. They lived in a guy called Johan Olavsen`s house. Vilhelm was working in the sawmill here too.The first two children were born in Skedsmo also. Laura was born in Oslo, in 1877.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Sharol Nilsen

Heidi, Tusen takk for all the information, it gives me quite a bit to get started on this family again. I really appreicate the time you have spent in helping me out. My third daughter is graduating from High School this coming weekend and then we will have an Open House for her. After that I will be working on this family and I'll let you know how I'm doing. I'm sorry I have not gotten back to this site sooner but instead of having more time to work with genealogy it seems I'm having trouble finding the time to work on it. Thank you again for all your help. Sharol

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.