Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#5580] Passenger list of Bark Maryland 1869 - Bergen to Q

Gjest Dolores Shirts
 Del

Gjest Dolores Shirts

I am trying to find the police record for the emmigrants who sailed on the Bark Maryland 1869 from Bergen to Quebec. I have seen the passenger list as it was entered in Quebec, but my family were not on the list. I know they sailed on that ship that year because of a copy of a diary kept by one of the family. Can anyone help me figure out the procedure for the police registration in Bergen. Thank You for any help you can give me.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yngve Nedrebø

Most unfortunately the emigrant roll, kept by the Bergen police, covering the years 1867-1873, have been lost, so the passenger lists is the best record available.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dolores Shirts

Thank you for the quick reply. The passenger list that I copied contained English headings, and so I thought they might have originated in Quebec where they first landed. Might there be a passenger list that originated in Bergen? And if so, where would such a list be kept?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Mathisen

Is it not possible that Bark Maryland made more than one trip during the same year? And is the passenger list you are referring to just covering one trip?Hans

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila Normann Christiansen

From Solem, Swiggum and Austheim Ships index:The Maryland was built in 1854 at Bremerhafen in Germany by J. C. Tecklenburg. Her tonnage was 258½ Norwegian Commercial lasts. Master in 1869 and 1870 was Capt. Albert E. Hansen. In 1872 she was mastered by J. Fredriksen. In 1869 the bark Maryland departed from Bergen on Apr. 23rd, and arrived at Quebec on May 31st. She was sailing in ballast, and was carrying 290 steerage passengers and 7 cabin passengers. There were two deaths on the voyage, Britha (1), daughter of Paul Olsen Nigaard (40) and Kari (36), and Guri (1½), daughter of Mikkel Henriksen Vingum (31) and Anna (26). When the ship arrived at the quarantine station on Grosse Île, three were sick with rubeoloid eruption (measles). The ship was detained under quarantine of observation. The Maryland was mastered by Capt. Albert E. Hansen, and had a crew of 16. The passenger list for this voyage was archived by the National Archives of Canada [NAC]. In 1870 the bark Maryland departed from Bergen May 5th, and arrived at Quebec June 22nd. She was sailing in ballast, and was carrying 278 steerage passengers and 6 cabin passengers. One child died from cold and debility on the voyage, John (4), son of Ole Johnsen Vedma (40) and Kari (40). The Maryland was mastered by Capt. Albert E. Hansen, and had a crew of 15. Her tonnage this year was given to be 583 tons. The passenger list for this voyage was archived by the National Archives of Canada [NAC].

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.