Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#5598] ship in 1854 to U.S.

Gjest May 22
 Del

Gjest May 22

My ancestor supposedly left Valdres in 1854 for America. However, I cannot find any record of this. Am I looking in the wrong places? I cannot find a ships' list, nor a list that he checked out of Sør-Aurdal. Any suggestions of where I should look. I am also wondering what the name of the ship was and what it was like.Thank you!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Heidi Tofterå Slettemoen

Give us the names and dates you know for the ancestors you are searching for, and maybe we can help you look! :-)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest May 22

Thank you very much for your offer to help. Supposedly, Ole Olson (Kyrkjebjørgeige) left the Dølve farm in 1855 at the age of 21 or 22. His parents were Ole Olson (Kyrkjebjørgeie) born in 1794 and Kari Olsdtr. Dølvensbråten born in 1801. They both lived in Sør Aurdal. I have found the parents in the 1865 census after Ole was in America. I also have found the family living on the Dølve farm and others going back to the 1600s.Ole D. Olson was the name he used in Wisconsin. He married a woman from East Slidre (Guri Nelson -Hedalen farm) and had lots of descendants of whom I am one.I am interested in finding out exactly when he emigrated, what ship if possible, and what the crossing was like. Did the ship go to Quebec first?Thanks a lot for any help you can give? Do you live in Valdres?Jan Holmes

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.