Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#5647] Malene Andersd. Westbye/John Amundsen - Ekers

Gjest Pearl Danroth
 Del

Gjest Pearl Danroth

Searching for information on Malene Andersdatter Westbye and John (Jon) Amundsen Borge at Eker/Eiker, Buskerud.Malene was born in the 1790’s at Eker. John, b. ca 1786 in Eker, was a carpenter (snedkerformand), born about 1786 at Eker.Malene and John were married July 16, 1820. They had 5 children - Andreas, Nils, Gjorgine (Jørgine), Anders and Christian. In 1875, Malene was a widow living with her son, Anders Johnsen Westbye at Sagveien 6, Kristiania.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Pearl Danroth

More information on this family.........Malene gave birth to their first son, Andreas... Born 3 okt. 1817 døpt 20 okt 1817 i Haug Kirke: ANDREAS -out of wedlock-, parents: Married man!-Jon Amundsen Borge and girl Mallene Andersdatter, Witnesses were there, but unreadable! Later on Malene and John/Jon married, (his first wife died) Widower John Amundsen Borge, 34 yrs, unmarried girl Malene Andersdatter 22 yrs., married 16 july 1820. The place of marriage is unreadable, but it doesn't look like the other places, so they were maybe married outside Eiker. This was in the "notes": "Brudg. fremlagt dispensasjon av 5 aug. 1819 (ægtemand?) af 12 mai 1819 og........af ??juni 1820", "Groom showed dispensation of ... (widower)......"Jørgine: born 22 juni 1820 - christened i Haug Kirke 16 juli 1820 - GJORGINE -Parents: John Amundsen og Hustru Malene Andersdatter Borge.Then: born 19. mars - christened 4. april 1825 - Haug kirke- ANDERS- parents: Jon Amundsen og Hustru Malene Andersdatter Solberg (eie?) No 45...... witnesses: Ingeborg Jonsdatter, (Ingeborg Mari?) Gulbrandsd., Ole Gulbrandsen Soelberg, Lars og Nils Olsen, ?a??um.Born 23 jan 1834 - christened i Haug Kirke 27 april 1834 - CHRISTIAN -(ægte) - John Amundsen og Malene/Maline Andersdatter (Westbyeie?) (here we have the farm). Witnesses: Kristi Hansd., Marie Gulbrandsd.,Anders Larsen, Christen Andersen, Amund Jensen (This could be John Amundsen's father ?).Nils - no records for him. Nils is listed as Andreas Johnsen Westby's brother in prison records.Today the farm Borge has changed name to Møllenhof.Found this candidate in the 1801-census, this could be Malene (written Mallene)Lenke have copied the above information the way it was emailed to me.In the 1865 Census, there is a Malene Andersd., underholdes af sine Børn, e (widow), 71 years old, born in Eker,living at Haugs Hoved Sogn Eker, Strandstedet Hougsund* 1. She is living in Hans Christensen's household.I would like to find birthdates and parent's names for Malene and her husband John. Also, information on their son, NILS.Thank you for any help, PD.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jon Torp

Pearl -The churchrecord of Eiker says that the marriage of the widdower Jon Amundsen 34 yrs - and maiden Malene Andersdatter on July the 16th 1820 took place in "Brannes" ...This means Bragernes (and that is in Drammen). Have not checked the churchrecords of Bragernes. Further more the remarks says....." Brudg. Fremlagt Disp. af 5 aug. 1819 Ægteviet? af 8 may 1812 og ???? 12 februar 1820. I guess that Jon Amundsen was married the first time on the 8th of May 1812.You have found the correct Mallene in the 1801 Census !!! From the Church Records of Eiker: Baptism nr. 110 in Haug Church 1817 - Born 3rd Oct. Andreas - Bapt. 26th of Oct. Gift Mand Jon Amundsen Borge og Pige Mallene Andersdatter Holteeie. Witnesses unreadable. Vaccinated 6th of August 1820 af Edv. Andersen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jon Torp

MalleneAndersdatter´s parents were married in Haug Church feb. 8th 1789 - He was called "ungkarl from Westfossen" at the wedding ...Ungkarl=bachelor. She was "pige" =maiden.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Kenneth Talmo

Hello. You beat me with some minutes Jon. So here is some information about the Borge farm, Pearl. In "earlier" days it was two of them in Eger. One changed name to Möllenhof, and one is placed in Bakke Parish. How shure are you that the one mentioned about John is the one that changed name. Cause the one in Bakke Parish is in the near of Holteeie.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Pearl Danroth

I was away today, so was very surprised and pleased to see 3 messages when I check the forum. I have a feeling Jon, you are the kind soul that helped Laila and I at Christmas time.Tor, I am not sure about the farm..........?What do you think about the Malene found in the 1865 census? If that is the same person, then that tells me, John/Jon Amundsen died before 1865. Please translate - "underholdes af sine Børn". Thanks, Pearl

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Kenneth Talmo

Hello Pearl. My english is not so good, but here is something that might be of interest. The witnesses by the christening of Andres in 1817 was ; Else Nilsdatter Holte, Dorthea Andersdatter Holte, Hans Andersen Solsbak, Helge Nilsen Lie and Halvor Eriksen Skotselven (churchbook 12 page 68). Witnessese for Gjörgine; Ane Olsdatter Borge, Berthe Olsdatter Rakkestad, Torstein Persen Borge, Christen Andersen Holte and Lars Andersen Holte.(The same churchbook p. 129). Witnesses for Anders in 1825; Ingeborg Jonsdatter Fossum, Mari Gulbrandsdatter Solberg, Ole Gulbrandsen Solberg, Lars Olsson Fossum and Nils Olsson Fossum (page 290 in the same Churchbook).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Pearl Danroth

When I first started researching my Norwegian roots last Nov/Dec, I didn't realize how important the names of the witnesses or Godparents at christenings were.Tor, Don't worry about your English, it is just fine. Mine is not always so good either.This is just a thought, if Jon/John Amundsen was married in 1812, then Jon and his first wife may have had children. Maybe that is where the "brother Nils" fits into the picture??I am amazed that one can figure this all out when they kept changing their "etternavn" and also changed the spelling of all their names, places of birth, etc. If I didn't keep a big chart of each generation, I would be lost. And I would be totally lost without all your kind help.With Mallene's parents' names - Anders Christensen, b. ca 1764 and Aase Andersdatter, b. ca. 1765, my roots are now traced back to the middle of the 1700's. That is the farthest back that I have names or dates for any of my ancestors. When I started this genealogy research I only knew my grandmother's name and birthdate (Nicoline Westby - b. May 11, 1858). I now know my gr-gr-gr-grandparent's names!!Very grateful for all your help, Pearl

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Kenneth Talmo

Hello again.There is one Aase Andersdatter christned in Eker i 1765. Her parents are; Anders Olsen & Ragnild Hansdatter. This could be the right one, but need to be checked and verified.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Kenneth Talmo

Malene's brother Christen was borned at Holteeie 21.02.1799. Witnesses by christening was; Berthe Johannesdatter Spiten - Stephine Stephensdatter Holte - Christopher Holte - Povel Stephensen Holte and Nils Andersen Holteeie.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Pearl Danroth

Tor, I noticed your address is Vestfossen. Is that the same place, WESTFOSSEN, where Mallene's father, Anders Christenen (that's the spelling in the 1801 census)came from when he married in 1789? Is that where the Westbyeie name came from.Is there any place on the internet where I could find a map for these old farms in Eiker? Was the Borge farm close to where Mallene lived? She seemed to move around alot, but all in the area of Haug Kirke. PD.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Pearl Danroth

In the 1801 Census for Eger, Buskerud, at the Holte Farm where we find Mallene Andersdatter, age 6, there were 25 people living in 5 households. Many, or all, of them could be related. There were- Anders CHRISTEN(s)EN & Aase, Christopher CHRISTENSEN and Marie Olsdtr., Niels ANDERSEN & Kristine Wilhelmsdtr., and a single fellow Hans GUNDERSEN. Many of the names of people listed on this farm are the same or similar to names recorded as witnesses for christenings of Mallene's children.The address for this site is mentioned in my second message above. PD

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Kenneth Talmo

Pearl. - Just a quick answer here and now. More later today. Westfossen and Vestfossen is the same. So I live in the same little "town" as John was living in, in earlier days. Westby and Westbyeie is about 2 norwegian miles from here ( 20 kilometres)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Pearl Danroth

Re: Christian Johnsen (W)Vestby's christening - April 27, 1834 at Haug Kirke. One of the witnesses was Amund Jensen. It was mentioned before that he may have been Jon (John)Amundsen's father.In the 1801 Census, for the Holte farm in Eger, there is a Amund Jensen, 2 yrs old son of Jens Christensen. This Amend Jensen was possibly a cousin to Mallene.In 1834, this Amund Jensen, then 36 yrs old, could possibly have been the witness at Christian's christening??

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Kenneth Talmo

Pearl. Yes, he could. - Vestfossen and Westfoosen is the same. A little village in Eiker. The name of the farm Westby has nothing to do with the village name as far as I know. The farm is about 20 kilometre from Vestfossen, and near a village called Skotselv. - I don't think there is a place on the internet where it's possible to find a map over the farms in Eiker. But if you send me an emaill with your postal address I'll see what I can do. All the farms we've been "visiting" so far is in the neighbohood of Holte and Westby. - You right - many of the people at Holte in the 1801 census can be related. It was not unusual at this time in the country that 2-3-4 generations lived on the same farm, and I have a feeling that either Christen or Aase was borned at Holte. - I will try to find the Birth of Christen, Aase and John after the wekwnd. If it's not solved in this forum before that. I will also try to find Nils. he might be a son of John from his first marriage, but there is "space" for children between 1820-1825 and 1825 -1834. or is this already checked. You can email me at this address: tallmoen@start.no

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.