Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#5663] Morchen/Johannesdtr. of Manger, married 1837

Gjest Shani Moser
 Del

Gjest Shani Moser

Hello!I am searching for information on the Morchen (also spelled Morken/Morkken/Morcken?) family name. I know that Michael R. (Rasmussen) Morchen married Britha (Brithe) Johannesdtr (of Johannes Jensen) in 1837 in Manger, but cannot access any baptismal information on either of them.The Morchen/Morken family eventually had Halvor (Halver/Halvar) Morken in 1849, who married Johanne Sofie Jensdtr in 1875. They had my great-grandfather Hans Morken in 1883, who married Emilie Ragnfried Hagelien (Hagelin), the sister of the two sisters of the Fishcake Factory fame in Bergen. They emigrated to the United States in the 1910's.Any information on any leg of this family is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torleif Odland

Oct.14. 1837, was married in Manger. Michael R.Morken-Mangerpladset--age 31. a girls name: Britha Johannesdtr,Manger.age 27.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Heidi Tofterå Slettemoen

I found their wedding on Oct.14th 1837 in Manger: Substitut Michael R. Morchen and the girl Britha Johannesdtr. He was 31, she 27. I don`t know what substitut means in this context. (I found later that he was a substitue for the bellringer!) His address at the time was Mangerpladset (the Manger place).As far as I can tell Michael, who was 18 years old at the time the 1825 census was taken, then lived at the the island and farm Hegøen, and was a schoolteacher. Heggøy (today) is in Øygarden kommune, west of Radøy kommune where Manger is situated today.Between 1839 and 1848 the couple had these children: Martha born Apr 26th 1839 at Taule farm Rakel Helene born Nov 12 1839 at Mangerpladset Ramsus born Jan 23 1841 at Indre (inner) Taule Marthe Marie Feb 12 1842 at Søre (southern) Taule Malene May 10th 1845 at Namtvedt Rasmus Olai Sep 5th 1847 back at MangerspladsetMichael was baptized Michel on April 11th 1807. He was born April 8th. His father was Rasmus Michels. and mother Helge Olsdtr. they lived at the Morchen farm. Morken is in Radøy kommune today, a few kilometers from the municipality of Manger. 8 As Britha`s age at her marriage does not completely match any of the Britha`s baptized in Manger, I am not very certain here... She should be born in 1810 or 1811. (The only Johannes Jensen who baptizes a daughter Brithe does so in 1807 (Oct. 25th). This Brithe was born Oct 23rd, and this Johannes lived at Oen, close to Heggøy in Øygarden.) It is hard to be certain, though, without knowing if her date at the marriage is correct. The dates are often a little off... Brithe may not have been from the same kommune as Michael, or Johannes last name was not really Jensen, but Johannesen or Jonsen, maybe? It might have been misspelled...Since they lived at Taule after their marriage, Britha may be the Brithe Johannesdtr. who is born June 26th 1809 at Brate Taugle (steep Taule) and baptized June 29th. Her parents then were Johannes JOnsen and Marthe Johannesdtr.Hope this is of some help. I will be glad to look some more later... Now I have to run!:-) Heidi

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torleif Odland

Halvor Morken,born 1849 and Johanne Sofie Jensdatter, she was born 1851, was married in Manger May 18th 1875. Torleif

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.