Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#5798] Christian Conrad Knudsen

Gjest Cheryl Stoeser
 Del

Gjest Cheryl Stoeser

I have been looking for more information on Christian Conrad Knudsen born Sept 16, 1825 possibly in Tvedestrand Norway,married April 6th, 1847 to Karen Jorgensdatter born April 29th, 1826 possibly in Flekkefjord or Fjotland.They came to the USA in 1883 or 1884. Christian died in 1921 in Inwood Iowa and Karen died in 1903 in Inwood Iowa. They had 6 Children,Constance Amalie Knudsen born Feb 15, 1854 in Holand(1st marriage Bjonne Petersen,2nd marriage to Leonard Olson), Conrad C Knudsen(changed last name to Bye in USA) born May 16th, 1857 in Christiania,Jorgen born Nov 13th,1859 in Enebak,Milian Otto Knudsen born June 28th,1862 in Enebak,Martha born April 26th,1865 and Lena no birthdate. All came to USA as adults in the 1880's and stayed except Jorgen who moved back to Norway. I have searched census,church records, emmigrant records for any of the names, spelled anyway I can think of,even have tried national census and searched for all people born in Enebak etc. I can't find any of them except Jorgen in the 1900 census. Any ideas of what I am doing wrong. Thank-you Cheryl

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

I can see you have a problem. I have found: Moved from Aker to Høland 19. March 1847 Conrad Christiansen 22 y. from Aker. Moved in to Høland 31. March 1847 painter (houses) Christian Conrad Knudsen or Christiandsen 21y. to work with painting, from Aker born Christiania(or Christiands?difficult to read), adress Brue under Østby Søndre. Attest from sogneprest Fangen 19/3 1847.Married 6. April 1847 Høland batch. painter Christian Conrad Ckristiansen or Knudsen Born or adress? Christiands. 21 y. father Christian Knudsen and girl Karen Jørgensdatter Sætre under Bjørnebraate 21 y. born or adress? Sætre father Jørgen Christensen.Mildan Otto b. 28/6 chr. 31/8 1862 Enebak. Parents: Christian Hansen? and Karen Jørgensdt. Teig. Jørgen b. 13/11 1860 parents: painter Conrad Knudsen and Karen Jørgensdt. Teig mellom.When Constanse was born they lived at Sætre and the fathers name Christian Conrad Knudsen Sætera an Karen Jørgensdt. I could not find Conrad born in Aker, but.. I hope it will help just a little.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Cheryl Stoeser

Thank-you so much for your help. I have ordered 4 films from the LDS family history library, hope I can read them well enough to understand them since I only read English. Where did you find all this information. I have been spending 2 hours online looking for the last 2 months and not getting very far. Thank-you again. Cheryl Stoeser

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Cheryl Stoeser

Thank you again. In the IGI at the LDS church another daughter was found. Caroline Marie Christensen daughter of Christen Knudsen and Karen Jorgensdatter christened 1851. Someone told me about her so I looked it up. I tried just typing Christensen in the IGI and going through record by record but after 1000 records and still being on A first names gave up. Cheryl

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Cheryl Stoeser

I was wondering if you could help me with some words on the information you sent me. Teig Mellom. Saetre under Bjornebraate Brue under Ostby sondre Attest from sogneprest Fangen I tried looking some words up and guessing but would like to be sure. Does the last mean certificate from parish priest Fangen? Thank-you Cheryl Stoeser

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

You have already translated the last one perfectly well. You won't need to translate the others because it is names on locations.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Odd Ottesen

Christian Conrad Knudsen, born in Christiania, came to Høland from Aker in 1847 and he married here Karen Jørgensdatter, born on Sætra under Bjørnebråte 14. April 1826. They had five children, according to the churchbooks for Høland; none of them are traced further in Høland, except that some of them left the parish.1. Karoline, born on Sætra under Bjørnebråte 28. Sept. 1847, died same place 14. May 1849. 2. Karoline Marie, born on Dalen under Bjørnebråte 27. May 1851, migrated to Krokedal in Enebakk 1868. 3. Konstanse Amalie, born on Sætra under Bjørnebråte 15. Feb. 1854, migrated to Krokedal in Enebak 1868. 4. Jørgen, born on Sloreby under Teig in Enebakk 13. Nov. 1859, migrated to Tvedestrand (in Aust-Agder) 1874. 5. Milian Otto, born on Sloreby under Teig in Enebakk 28. July (!) 1862. (The notes about their migration from Høland, may actually have been done several years after their real migration, perhaps in connection to their forthcoming confirmation or wedding.)The ancestors of Karen Jørgensdatter I have mentioned in an answer to question no. 1931 in this forum.What is your problem?Odd Ottesen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Cheryl Stoeser

Thank-you so much for the information. I didn't have anything on the two Carolines. I am confused though since our family history has a son Conrad C Knudsen born in Christiania Norway on May 16th, 1857, came to USA around 1890, married Anna Randine Bye 1879 and changed his last name to Bye. The family history also has Martha Knudsen born in Norway on April 26th, 1865 married to Ole Gunderagaard on July 15, 1884 and Lena Knudsen married to Ole Gunderson as daughters of Christian Conrad and Karen. Could Lena be nickname for Caroline? Thank-you again Cheryl C

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.