Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#5808] Ole Christophersen Magnelrød, Hedrum Mid 1700.

Gjest Vidar Larsen
 Del

Gjest Vidar Larsen

One of my ancestors was Christopher Olsen Magnelrød, born 1754 to Ole Christophersen Magnelrød and Siri Hansdatter. Ole farmed Magnelrød farm from 1778, and in 1762 (Ekstraskatten) he and Siri are found on an unnamed Plass under Furelund farm. In the recently released database of Baptisms in Hedrum, the only Christopher Olsen found was baptised 5th Jan 1755, but son of Ole Nordqvell. Ole Nordqvell had several children baptised in the period 1752 to 1763, and at the baptism of his youngest he was recorded as Ole Christoph: Nordqvell. Can anyone verify if my Ole Christophersen Magnelrød was the same person as Ole Nordqvell?Mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

I have no information that Ole Kristoffersen and Siri Hansdatter should have lived at Nordkvelde. I haven't got the bygdebooks at hand, so I can't tell anything for sure.Be aware that not all the children baptised 1752-63 are children of the same Ole Nordkvelde. Note that entry nr. 283 and nr. 289 is too close in time to be children of the same person. Therefore, entry nr. 289 must be recognized as a child of Ole Hansen at Søndre Nordkvelde, listed in 1762.A look in the bygdebooks will probably solve the problem. If Ole and Siri are listed with more children than Kristoffer, and their names equals some of the children you have found between 1752 and 1763, there'll be no doubt.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Thanks, Kristian.As the brief extract of the Hedrum bygdebok which I got, does not contain Nordkvelde farm, and as I do not have access to a library which hold the same book, can anybody help by checking if Ole Christophersen and Siri Hansdatter are mentioned under Nordkvelde?Mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Mathisen

No, they are not mentioned under Nordkvelle. And according to the bygdebook Ole Christophersen from Mangelrød (note the spelling!) had only one child: Christopher, born about 1754. Ole's wife Siri Hansdatter died 1773 and Ole married Anne Hansdatter in 1775. No children are mentioned in this marriage. Anne died 1806, Ole died 1795, 68 years of age.Ole Christophersen lived as "husmann" on a "husmannsplass" under Furulund, probably the "husmannsplass" called Furulundmoen, around 1760.Hans

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Thanks HansI suppose that is the end of it, but it still leaves the question that if Christopher born 1754 was not the Christropher baptised in January 1755, where was he baptised? Also an intriguing point is that one of the godmothers (faddere) to the youngest son of Ole Christoph: Nordqvel was one Anne Hansdatter Nordqvel, but I suppose that these names (Anne and Hans) are not that unusual.Thanks again, mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

The probate record of sep. 10th 1773 shows that Siri Hansdatter left only one son, Kristoffer, 19 years of age.It is very plausibel to believe that the Kristoffer you've found is the right one. Unfortunately, we can't be 100% sure with the information we've got.It's also correct that Anne and Hans wasamong the 2-3 most common names in this period.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Mathisen

It should be noted that Ole Christophersen and his first wife Siri Hansdatter did not live at Mangelrød, but most probably on a "husmannsplass" under Furulund when their only son was born. And since the Furulund farm is a close neighbour to the Nordkvelde farms, I would say it is at least a possibility that the priest has got the two farms mixed up. (I have even come across a case where a "husmannsplass" formally did not "belong to" the farm on which ground it was located, but to a neighbouring farm).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Mathisen

I just now discovered that Ole Christophersen also got a son called Henrich, baptised february 23. 1763, although not mentioned in the Bygdebok for Hedrum. And also this time Ole Christophersen is listed in the churchbook as living on "Norqvel". Would the priest make the same mistake twice? Not highly probable, I would say. Either Furulundmoen in some way "belonged to" Nordkvelde, or Ole and Siri did not live there at all, but rather on another "husmannsplass" under Nordkvelde, despite what the Bygdebok says.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

After all, they are listed under Furulund in the ekstraskatt of 1762, a source the authors of the bygdebook didn't take advantage of. That is, the sources the authors used also placed them at Furulund. But they may also have lived some years at Nordkvelde.It's true that Furulund and Nordkvelde are close on the map. In fact Furulund is surrounded by Nordkvelde in three directions, leaving the river Lågen as Furulund's eastern border.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Thanks Kristian and HansThe close proximity of Furulund and Nordkvelde may explain at lot, particularly as the name Furelund or Furulund is hardly found in the digitised Kirkebøkene for Hedrum. I found no mention of Furelund in the database for marriages (1751- 1785) or for births (1751-1764) and only mentioned twice in the list of burials in Hedrum (1751 - 1785). It looks therefore as the name was hardly used locally.Henrich Olsen son of Ole Christophersen Nordqvel was found in the database for baptisms (bap 23/2/1763), but not under burials. Thus if Siri had only one heir, it looks as if he was another Ole Christopersen's son, unless his burial was not recorded as I believe sometimes happened.mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.