Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#5902] Anders Samsonsen Blakset [f. 1750 or 1764?]

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

I don't know how to resolve this date difference. I am told that the bygdebok for Innvik (Blaksæter farm) shows Anders Samsonsen Blakset died at the age of 50, in 1814. That would make his birth year 1764. The church burial records for Innvik [on this site] agree with this date.But the bygdebok also states that his father was Samson Anderssen Blakset. Samson was married to Malene Larsdtr (d. 24 y.o. 1752) and then to Aagaate Pedersdtr Øyestad (d. 53 y.o. 1781). Back to the church records -- Samson and Malene had a son, Anders, in 1750. There is no record of a son, Anders, for Samson and Aagaate. If he was truly born in 1764, his mother could not have been Malene.14 years is a big age difference. How can I resolve this question?I would greatly appreciate any advice or assistance.Hilsen, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Aase R.Sæther

According to age at the 1801 census, Anders should be born about 1761. There might have been another Anders, born 1750 and passed away before 1761-64? Many names are missing in the church records, so it is not unlikely that both the burial of Anders 1 and baptize of Anders 2 have dropped out. The best thing to do is to go to the confirmation records, if he isn't missing there, too;-)I think my library has a copy, so I might take a look one of the next days, if you want to.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hello Aase,Yes, I saw the 1801 Census, too. But the burial record says he was 50 y.o. in 1814. Which is a more credible source; the church burial record or the census?And Yes! I would like it very much if you would check the confirmation records. It is most important for me to determine when he was born, and who was his mother (Malene or Aagaate). Evidence is mounting that it was Aagaate.What about probate records... could they shed any light? According to the Digitalarkivet, there are two records for Anders Samsonsen at Blaksæter; #7148 [1804-1808] and #7775 [1813-1817]. This just gets more and more confusing!Your assistance is most appreciated.Hilsen, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Aase R.Sæther

Yes, the probate records could shed light. I guess the first one is when his wife Barbrå Andersdtr died (1805), and the second one for himself. The bygdebok states that he had financial problems, so that could be the reason why there are two. The bygdebok says "owed 100 riksdaler to his succeeder, "pantsette" all his property". (His succeder seems to be his son-in-law, married to Malene Andersdtr).My poor little dictionary does not include the word "pantsetje" - but I'm sure someone will be here with a translation in a few minutes ;-!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hello again, AaseThis is really confusing! Regarding the probate records -- there is also a separate record (#7147) for Barbrå Andersdtr [1804-1808]. So there are two records for Anders and another for his wife, Barbrå. I just noticed that the first record for Anders is #7148. I guess I don't exactly understand how probate records work in Norway. Can there be a probate record for someone who did not die yet?My dictionary says: "pantsette -- to pawn; (i fast eiendom) mortgage." Does that makes sense?I do not have access to the contents of the probate records -- only the index, which is online here. Do you know how I can find them? But perhaps the confirmation records will tell me what I need. That would be wonderful if you could find him in there.Hilsen, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Aase R.Sæther

The "extra" probate record may be because of his financial problems.I tried to get hold of the confirmation list, but someone else had borrowed it, so you will have to wait for some days.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rune Bergesen

Your Anders is born in 1750(20/11-1750) and his Confirmation is in 1767, he is married 11/6-1780 to Barbra, she is 20 years old. In the 1801 Census, Anders is 40 and Barbra is 52, it should be Anders 52 years and Barbra 40. The Church book must have a uncorreted information with regards of age on Anders.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hello RuneThank you very much for looking this up! I have a couple of questions. What you said about the ages of Anders and Barbra being reversed in the 1801 Census makes perfect sense. But I wonder about his burial record. I have found a burial record for Anders Samsonsen Blachsetter, d. 06.11 1814, age 50 years old. Is is possible this is also an error?One last question -- you said Barbra was 20 years old when she was married. Was that information in the marriage record? Did it show an age for Anders?There is so much conflicting information. I am so confused!I appreciate your assistance. Hilsen, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

It's me again! Rune, I have one more question. In the confirmation record for Anders, did it show the names of his parents? In particular, I am very interested to know the name of his mother.Thanks again Hilsen, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jarl V. Erichsen

Thank you for researching this family. Anders' wife is connected to my wife's family (Ulvedal & Kvamme)on several lines.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hello JarlMy email address is anp4749@sympatico.ca. I don't have very much yet, but I will share what I have if you want to write to me. I would be interested to know what information you already have as well.Hilsen, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rune Bergesen

If you go to the church registers-baptised in Sogn og Fjordane-Innvik 1750-1815 and search for his fathers name Samson, you will find that he had 5 children, 2 with Malene and 3 with Aagothe. In the confirmation records there are not listed any parents.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jarl V. Erichsen

I've sent a gedcom-file with some Ulvedal-people to Patricia. It seems "off-topic" on this forum. (??)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Jarl and RuneThank you both for your posts and your emails. I will reply to both of you by email.Hilsen, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.