Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#5935] Mr

Gjest Trevor Reid
 Del

Gjest Trevor Reid

My great grandfather came from Bergen . He was born in 1858. His name was, or was similar to Ulrich Frederich Coll Beichmann. (My maternal grandmother's unmarried second name was Beichmann ) I do know (reliably I think ) that her Aunt was a headmistress (maybe ) at a girls' school.These entries are possibly relatives of my grandmother.61826 1 Sebastiane Beichmann k b Hm e Enke 1832 Lyster NB n s61827 Fredrikke Beichmann k b D ug Folkeskolelærerinde 1856 Graven SB n s61828 Elisa Beichmann k b D ug Lærerinde ved Am. Hansens pigeskole 1860 Graven SB n sdoes anyone have any more information ?Trevor Reid P O Box 2100 Vryheid South Africa

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Heidi Tofterå Slettemoen

Between 1817 and 1832 Frederik Waldemar Nicolai Beichmann and Dorothea Catharina Schløm(m)er baptized seven children in Korskirken (the Cross` church)in Bergen:Hans Ulrik (1817), Margarethe Elisabeth (1819), Johan Didrik (1821), Dorothea Catharina (1823), Carl Julius (1827), Jacob Ferdinand (1830)and Charlotte Sophie (1832). You will find exact dates if you take a look at baptizms in Bergen 1815-1894 here at the digital archives.I would guess either Hans, Johan, Carl or Jacob were Ulrichs father.Frederik Waldemar Nicolai was Danish. He was first a captain and a knight of Danebrog (the name of the Danish flag), and then a major from 1830 and on (first mentioned as a major when Jacob was born and baptized).I will check for more Beichmanns, but this is a start! :-) HeidiPS: When you leave a message here at DA, this is the translation for the brackets: Forfattar= author (your name). Heimstad= Home town. E-post= E-mail. Innlegg= Message.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Married in Korskirken, Bergen:Friderich Waldemar N. Beichman and Dorothea Catharina Schlømer, Mar 30 1813.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Beichmans who died in Bergen:Apr 14 1839: Christopher Beichman (73 yrs. old)Nov 11 1830: Jacob Ferdinand Beichmann (1 yr. old)Sep 29 1927: Beichmann Sebastine Stinette MJun 21 1935: Beichmann Anna Elisabeth-----------------------In the census in 1815 Friderich W. N. is mentioned as von Beckman. He and Dorothea lived with a madame Anna Schlømmer, possibly her mother.-----------------------In 1865 the family has moved to Kristiansand in southern Norway. Dorothea is now a general`s widow, and all but one of the family is mentioned as born in Bergen:Dorthea Catarine Beichmann, 73 yrs. oldAnna Schlømer Beichmann, daughter, age 48, unmarriedElisabeth Margarete Beichmann, daughter, age 43, unmarried lunaticDorthea Catarine Beichmann, daughter, age 38, unmarried.Charlotte Sophie Beichmann, daughter, age 31??,Jacob Beichmann, son, lieutenant, unmarried, age 30. Born in Kvindherred (Kvinherad in southern Hordaland county). This would indicate that the family moved from Bergen before 1835).You find the son Johan Diderik in Oslo in 1865:Johan Diderik Beichmann, colonel, age 46, born in BergenAlette Beichmann, his wife, age 33, born in Christiania (=Oslo)Betzy Beichmann, his daughter, age 9, b. OsloFrederik Waldemar Beichmann, his son, age 7, b. OsloAnd also in Oslo: Frederik Beichmann, Copist (?), unmarried, age 39 from Bergen.--------------------Here`s Ulrik in Bergen. An obvious misspelling/misinterpretation of Beichmann (Buchmann), probably from difficulty of reading a handwritten source:Bastiane Buchmann, pensioneer, lodging, widow, age 32, born in LysterFredrikke Buchmann, daughter, age 9, born in HardangerUlrik Buchmann, son, age 7, b. HardangerElisa Buchmann, daughter, age 5, b. HardangerEdgar Buchmann, son, age 2, b. HardangerSo it seems that the people you found were Ulriks mother and sisters!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I haven`t found which of Frederik and Dorotheas sons Bastiane was married to, maybe someone with a history book from Ulvik / Hardanger could help with you with that - or the church records might......but I found the family againg in Bergen in 1875:Bastiane S. M. Beichmann, housewife, widow, pensioneer, b. 1832 in LysterUlrik F. C. Beichmann, son, blacksmiths apprentice, b. 1858 in Ulvik (new name for Graven parish) in HardangerAnna Elisabeth Beichmann, daughter, b. 1860 same placeEdgar M. Beichmann, son, b. 1863 same placeTheir address was Nykirkesmuget 3 at Nordnes in the centre of Bergen. I have a picture of the area, if you want me to send it (I`d need your e-mail).------------------In 1891-census the family had moved to Fredrik Meltzer gate (street), which is on Nygårdshøyen (hight/hill in the city centre, where the university is today):Bastiane Beichmann b. 1832, Lyster, pensioneerEdgar Beichmann, b. 1863, Ulvig parish, first lieutentant in the infantryElisa Beichmann, b. 1860, Ulvik, teacher at private schoolFredrikke Beichmann, b. 1856, Ulvik------------------In 1900 census the three women were in Hans Holmboes gate, not many meters from their 1891-lodgings:Sebastiane Beichmann, widow, 1832, LysterFredrikke Beichmann, 1856, Graven (Ulvik), unmarried daughter, schoolteacherElisa Beichmann, 1860, Graven (Ulvik), teacher at Amalie Skram`s all girls school------------------In 1900 I also found what seems to be their sister in Stavanger:Karl Julius Arnesen, vicar, b. 1847 in Kristiania (Oslo)Magdalene Katrine Kristine b. Beichmann in 1855, Ulvig Hardanger, his wife. They had these children: Ivar (1877 - lawyer), Harald (1880 - agent), Rolf (1884 - dentists apprentice), Anne Margrethe (1886), Else (1889), Helga (1891) (all three girls in school) and Fredrik (1871 - who lived in Oslo - architect).Also in 1900, still in Kristiansand, I found Jacob b. 1835 and his sister Dorothea Catharina b. 1823. He was a lieutenant colonel, and she managed his household, none of them were married.Edgar lived just outside Oslo in 1900, in Aker:Edgar Beichmann , captain, n. 1863 in Gravin, HardangerRebecha Beichmann, his wife, b. 1868 in Skogn!! Beichmann, unbaptized girl, b. 25.11.1900 in Oslo----------------------I couldn`t find Ulrich in 1900, so I guess he left the country by then. This should get you on your way with the search, though? :-)What you need, is someone to look up the marriage of (Se)bastiane Coll? and X Beichmann, probably in Ulvik or Lyster, as I have not found them married in Bergen.Good luck!Heidi

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

PS: Ulrichs father seems to have been Hans Ulrich b. 1817 or Carl Julius b. 1827, since Jacob was unmarried and Johan died young. So if you find out which one of them married Sebastiane, you should have alot of it figured out...It doesn`t seem you have many relatives in Bergen, though, since the two teachers were unmarried, Edgar moved to Oslo and Magdalene moved to Stavanger. There might have been other siblings, too, but you need the church records or a local history book to find this out.Maybe someone here at the Digital archives can look them up for you?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Trevor Reid

Heidi,I guess he was in the country by about 1890. My grandmother was born in 1898, and she had several older sisters. He was a mason, and he worked on building bridges on the railwayline between durban and Johannesburg.Send any email to trevorr@dorea.co.zaThanks for the info.Trevor

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

But:There are two Ulrik Fredrik Beichmann`s who live in Oslo (jr and sr), and there are several other Beichmann`s with similar first names to your family around Norway, among them a Johan Diderik in Ålesund and an Edgar outside Oslo... Maybe one of them may be of help to you?!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.