Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#5940] Malene Larsdatter (f. ca. 1728) Innvik?

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

Can anyone help me to figure out where Malene Larsdatter was born, and who were her parents? There are no church records for Innvik before 1750. Here is everything I know:She married Samson Anderssen Blakset (f. 1716, d. 1801). They lived at Blaksæter farm, Innvik, Sogn og Fjordane. They had two children; Anders Samsonsen (f. 1750) and Aleth Samsonsdtr (f. 1752). Church records show that she died at Blaksæter (Blachsetter) farm, in 1752, at the age of 24. So that makes her birth year about 1728.I will appreciate any suggestions or assistance,Hilsen, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Add this to my post;According to what I have read about traditional Norwegian naming patterns, can I assume that her mother's name was Aleth, since that is what Malene named her daughter?Just wondering, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Aase R.Sæther

Just what I'm thinking, too, Patricia. And if you go to the burial list, you will find one suitable Aleth; Aleth Mathisdtr Lien, d. 56 y.o. 1759. In the bygdebok I found that Aleth was wife of Lars Jakobson Lien (b.ab.1700, died 1731), so that sounds promising. The name Mathisdtr is a mistake, should be Lassedtr, and according to the bygdebok, she came from Ytre-Eide (Stryn). To confirm this, you have to ask someone to do a Probate record lookup - both Lars and Aleth are listed in the Nordfjord register!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Aase,Was there nothing in the bygdebok for Innvik/Stryn about children of Aleth Lassedtr and Lars Jakobsen Lien? I know this probably seems like a silly question to you. But I had to ask.Hilsen, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Aase,It's me again! I was looking in the list of burials in Innvik, particularly at the farm Ytre-Eide, which you mentioned. There, I found another Aleth, who is about the right age, and married to a man named Lars.Aleth Matthiasdatter, enke (d. 1772, 67 y.o.) and Lars Lassesen, gift (d. 1755, 49 y.o.). But I think this possibly should be Lars Larsen. There is no Lars Lassesen in the probate register for Eide-Ytre, but there is a Lars Larsen [1753-1757].Is there anything about this couple in the bygdebok for Stryn? Any children's names listed? In the church records, I found a listing for twins they had in 1753 (Lars and Lasse). That is a long time to be having children, since Malene Larsdatter was born around 1728. But it is not out of the question. Aleth would have been 23 years old in 1728. But I don't know when she married Lars.What do you think? Another possibility?Hilsen, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Aase R.Sæther

Yes, another possibility. You will find Aleth in the probate register, too, so the best thing to do, is to look up both these couples. And, of course, none of them might be correct - Malene's mother mighthave died before 1750.Unfortunately, the bygdebok doesn't say anything about other children, unless they did something extraordinary, like moved to Bergen or died in some kind of accident.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you for checking that Aase,Can you tell me, what is the best way to look up probate records? Are there people who have these files? In the past, when I wanted to look one up, I send an email to the Statsarkivet i Bergen. Is this the best way?Just wondering... Hilsen, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.