Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#5988] Ole Bull in Pennsylvania

Gjest Paul W. Heimel
 Del

Gjest Paul W. Heimel

I am immersed in a major research project that will result in the best documentation yet of Norwegian violin virtuoso Ole Bull's "Oleana" colony in northcentral Pennsylvania (1852-53). Major celebrations are planned in the Oleana area to observe the sesquicentennial in 2002, by which time I will have completed work on a new book about the colony, the colonists themselves, Ole Bull's motivations, what took place at Oleana and its aftermath. Perhaps someone reading this has some information that would be useful, or is a descendant of Ole Bull himself. I do want to caution all that I am very disturbed by the outlandish claims of Inez Bull, who falsely claims to be a direct descendant of Ole Bull and has committed many crimes against history. I am pursuing arrangements with the Royal Norwegian Embassy as well as the Pennsylvania Bureau of State Parks (operator of Ole Bull State Park) and historical associations in my mission to set the record straight. I can be reached by phone at 814-274-6329, or email at either pheimel@adelphia.net or paul.heimel@adelphia.com. My address is: Paul W. Heimel, 407 Mill Street, Coudersport PA 16915. Thank you!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 uker senere...
Gjest Håkon Aasheim

Mr. Paul W. Heimel.I have given your message to Knut Hendriksen, the right descendant of Ole Bull, who was Knut's great-great-grandfather, and is owner of Ole Bull's house at Valestrandsfossen, Osteroy by Bergen. Knut has tried to phone you, but don't reach you. I promised him to try contact you by this way. Also to your other adresses.Knut Hendriksen is at present here now. His telephone here is Norway, Bergen, 56 39 42 64. But in the rest of the year he is living at this adress: Knut Hendriksen, Sigtunagatan 14 A, 113 22 Stockholm, Sweden. Telephone 0046.8.3071428.Sincerely Haakon Aasheim

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.