Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#5989] Research in Norway

Gjest Emilie Olsen
 Del

Gjest Emilie Olsen

I have been researching my family from Sandefjord & Tjømø in Vestfold. This summer I will visit Norway and want to know how I can locate additional information that I have not been able to find online. I'm mainly interested in birth, death & marriage records. I know that several members of the family are buried in the same cemetery in Sandefjord, but I don't know its location. Is there a way I can find this information? Also are there census records available after 1900? I am also trying to locate the many relatives who never emmigrated to the USA. thank you. Emilie- New Jersey, USA

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anette Skogseth Clausen

The Regional State Archives in Kongsberg preserves the church registers for Vestfold: Statsarkivet i Kongsberg, Frogsvei 44, 3600 Kongsberg, Norway, telephone: +4732869900, fax: +4732869910 E-mail: statsarkivet.kongsberg@riksarkivaren.dep.no Web: http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/sakoYou'll probably find local censuses at the Archives in Kongsberg as well. E-mail them in advance and they can let you know what they have of relevant source material for you.I am not familiar in Sandefjord, you can contact the tourist office for information and addresses: reiseliv@vestfoldnett.no

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arne Olav Egner

There are all together listed more than 56 000 Olsen´s in Norway. If you want to trace distant relatives in Norway before you come to Sandefjord I think you need to give some references to individual persons (names and year of birth) which emigrated to US. By the way, an official statistical record at present lists total 43 Emilie Olsen living in Norway.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.