Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#6068] Church Records - Nøtterøy

Gjest Arne Mikal Mikkelsen
 Del

I am looking for church records for Nøtterøy,for the family of Severin Karlsen and Augusta Antonsdatter both from Sweden.Their son my grandfather Karl Gustav Karlsen was born on Styrsvik Farm 21/9/1886. I know that Karl had a brother Albert, who I thought was younger, I beleived he was born after 1900. I have recently received information from the family, it appears that he was older he had a daughter born 1913 in the United States.I would appreciate any information on the children of Severin & Augusta, Albert, Sverre (halfbrother- Son of Jorgine Louise Jorgensdatter & Severin)and I beleive there was also a sister Serina?.I have found a Sigurd Albert Karlsen (Matros)in the 1900 census for Tønsberg in the Digitalarkivet, also Emigraton records (Oslo)for 1901 for him as well. Karl Gustav's family also lived in Tønsberg at the 1900 census.I would appreciate hearing from anyone who could look the records up for me.Thank You.Arne Mikal Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per B. Lilje

Just a little note: Styrsvik is not really a farm, but the name of a bay where a large number of small houses or cottages, mostly for sailors' families, were built from the early 1800's. The land was owned mostly by the farms Kjønnerød, Skrafskjær and Anildrød and was leased from these by the cottage owners. A few of the cottages had some farmland (up to 20 dekar for one, but that was an exception), and some of the owners were able to buy the land on which their houses were standing. But for the majority, since they did not own land, they didn't have a deed, and one will not find them in written sources, except in connection with birth, death etc. In S.H. Unneberg: "Nøtterøy, Gårds- og slektshistorie" one can find a number of families living in Styrsvik under farm numbers 79, 80, 81 and 107 (mostly those who owned the land on which their house was standing), but most families living in Styrsvik, at least before ca. 1880, are missing. A quick look didn't reveal any information on your family.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per B. Lilje

Augusta Antonsdtr., wife of able seaman (matros) Severin Karlsen, born in Sweden in 1850, died on October 5, 1896 and was buried in Nøtterøy church October 12, 1896. Their place of living was then listed as Kjøpmannskjær. And then I find in Unneberg: "Nøtterøy, Gårds- og slektshistorie" on page 855 that Severin Karlsen bought a house with on "dekar" land in 1885 for 400 kr. This is gnr. 87, bnr. 16. The house was sold by auction in 1902 for 900 kr.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Per Thank you for you quick reply, tusen takk.some of the information I knew, some information on the farm (home)purchase and sale by aucttion was a piece of information I did not have. I had found Augusta's death record in the Digitalarkivet.Is there a way to find out about Severin & Augusta's children - church records - probate, how would I proceed? Any help will be appreciated.Arne Mikal

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 år senere...
Gjest John Strøm

You may take look at the new databases that are available online. Among the baptised in 1887 on Nøtterøy you'll find Karl Gustav born Sept. 21. 1886 and baptized Jan. 6th 1887. Parents Severin Karlsen and Augusta Antonsdatter.Mvh John Strøm

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest John Strøm

You'll also find Sigurd Albert b.19/09/1882 at Styrsvik. He was baptized 22/10/1882 at Tjøme Church according to the notes in the records.Mvh John

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.