Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#6084] Does anyone know of the Frigaard name from 1650-19

Gjest Sandra Frigaard Pack
 Del

Gjest Sandra Frigaard Pack

I am interested in the Frigaard name, and what the names are that this might have been derived from--previous names before they were shortened to Frigaard. Also, can anyone tell me the county that Frigaard comes from?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Heidi Tofterå Slettemoen

There are three farms by that name in Nord-Trøndelag, not far from Trondheim. In the 1801-census you find two in Stjørdal (Størdahlen) and one in Skogn. Spelled both Friegaard and Frigaard.In the 1865-census you find Frigaard, Frigaardsmarken (mark=grassland) and Frigaardsmoe (moe=moor) in Øvre (upper) Stjørdal, and two Frigaard in Nedre (lower) Stjørdal (dal=valley) (gaard=farm) (fri=free). There is also still the Frigaard in Skogn and one in Frosten. All of these farms are in Nord-Trøndelag, mid-Norway.There is also a Frigaard in Modum in Buskerud in this census. The largest town in Buskerud is Drammen, if you want to look this up.Do you have any names or dates that would make it easier for us to help you find Norwegian ancestors?PS: The name Frigård and Frigaard (with the å (which is a double a) would be a more modern spelling) is also used in Denmark.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Pål Evensen

There is also a farm in Nes, Akershus with the name Frigård (Frigaard). If you tell me some more details, I might be able to tell you if this is the right one. There are several ancestors with this name living in Norway today.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila Normann Christiansen

Pål, this has nothing to do with this query, can you please e-mail me at Lnormann@c2i.net Laila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.