Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#6100] where is Trondheim port, Norway?

Gjest Debbie Johnson Blanchette
 Del

Gjest Debbie Johnson Blanchette

I'm looking for the destination of Jonas, marta, martin Asell (Osell) and Olof, karolina + children Oskar, emma, Axel, and Olof Osell from the port of Trondheim. The name of the ship and where in Canada they were to go too. I don't speak or understand Norwegian so I hope this isn't a problem. Thank you........

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Hamberg

Hi! You can find the emigration registers for Trondheim port through the link system at the bottom of the page (Use the English/American version). Use "Source categories" - "Emigrant" - "Registers". Since the letter "Æ" isn't likely to found on your keyboard (the people you ask for were registered as "Æsell", you should search by using "sell" as a "inneheld/contains" search criterion.The Æsells emigrated in Septemeber 1893 (date of reg. Sept.6) with the ship "Juno", which unfortunately for you only served in commuter traffic between Tronheim and Hull in England. Thus, they had to board a bigger ship destined for some place in the US. In Trondheim their destination was said to be Caribou, Maine.Even if Elllis Island had been opened the year before, I belive there were other immigration ports, too. If their destination was Maine, I belive Boston would serve their purpose quite wellRegards Kjell Hamberg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anette Skogseth Clausen

To see the physical location of Trondheim, please visit http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/norkart/index-eng.htm a site that shows you the boundaries of the counties and parish in Norway. By clicking on the 'General map' you will see a map of Norway, with Trondheim pointed out in Sør-Trøndelag (north-west in the second piece of the map). You get a closer look by clicking on Sør-Trøndelag in the left menu.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Pearl Danroth

Debbie - In case you are not familiar with the Norwegian alphabet, the letter Æ follows the letter Z, (you can type Æ, by pressing Alt + 0198). Chose "Etternavn" (last or surname). I found all your relatives leaving via Trondheim in 1893 listed - #80162 to #80170. Good Luck. Pearl

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.