Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#6132] Birth records 1825 in Christiania

Gjest Cheryl Stoeser
 Del

Gjest Cheryl Stoeser

I have been looking for the birthplace and parents of Christian Conrad Knudsen born Sept 16, 1825. From a LDS microfilm moving in record for Holand it gives his birth place as Christiania. I ordered some more microfilms but didn't find anything. Any ideas on where I should be looking? Thank-you

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Knut Bryn

There were several parishes in Christiania at that timne. Have you searched everyone? You have to take into account, however, that people at that time said they where from Christiania although they were from somewhere in the surroundings of Christiania, probably the parish of Aker. Another possibility is that he moved in from Christiana, but was born another place.To reduce your efforts in searching for bapt. records in a lot of church book, you may better search for some more data in Holand (or rather Høland or Holland?). How old was he when moving in? If you find the church book records of confirmation of marriage, you may find some more details there. What about census records from 1865/1875. Did he leave Holand/Høland/Holland some time later? Perhaps his emigration records will have some other information about birth place?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Cheryl Stoeser

Thanks for answering. He isn't in the 1865 census but on the moving in records for Holand it says he moved from Aker to Holand in 1883 so I will try an Aker church book.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rune Bjerke

Are you quite sure that he's missing in the 1865 census? Bear in mind that you should accept different spellings of his name and a certain mismatch on his year of birth. Do you have more information to help you identify him on this basis (wife, children, occupation...)?Rune

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila Kornstad

Hello!I found this Kristian Knudsen in Østre Aker in 1865. He is a few years too young, but perhaps you can find out if this is his family. This Kristian is born i Trøgstad i Ostfold, but in 1865 he lived in Vaalerengen, then a place in Eastern Aker, now a part of Oslo.510 5 186 Ulven Østre Aker Vaalerengen* 2 4641 15 1 Kristian Knuds. Husfader Huseier, Snedker g 37 m Trygstad 4642 16 Andrine Ols. hans Kone g 37 k Aker 4643 17 Josefine Amalie !! Pleiebarn fra Ski Sogn ug 9 k Ski 4644 18 Johan Knuds. Mandens Broder Snedker ug 27 m Thrygstad 4645 19 Andreas Halvors. logerende Snedkerarbeider ug 36 m Edsberg Yours, Laila Kornstad.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Cheryl Stoeser

Thank you all for the help you gave me. A man found Christian Conrd Knudsen son of Christian Knudsen in a Aker church book and scanned a copy for me. I will now try to see if I can find any microfilms that will help me with his parents. Marie Sorensdatter and Christian Knudsen. Don't know why he didn't go by Christiansen all of his life but seemed to change back and forth and in the church book he went by Knudsen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila Normann Christiansen

Thing is, if Christian Conrads father was a Christian Knudsen, I am sure his name in the censuses and so on was Christian Conrad Christiansen (at least should be, if the tradition on patronymics in Norway was held) Laila N.C.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Cheryl Stoeser

Thank you for your help. I know that he should go by Christiansen and he did for awhile but then changed to Knudsen, in fact his son on a moving in record of 1883 has Jorgen Christiansen(also Knudsen) in the name spot. I have looked for Knudsen spelling it 8 different ways and Christiansen spelled 4 ways, tried using just the first name and even just the first letter and I can't find them in the 1865 census. Now I can't find Marie Sorensdatter either but it's possible that she wasn't born in 1801 and died before the 1865. Cheryl

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.