Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#6143] Ole Halvorsen and Sigrid Eilevsdatter, Rue, Tinn,

Gjest Vidar Larsen
 Del

Gjest Vidar Larsen

I am seeking any available information on my ancestors Ole Halvorsen and Sigrid Eilevsdatter. Their daughter, Aslaug Olsdatter married Torstein Torsteinsen before 1669 and settled on Nedre Sevle farm in Nore in Buskerud. The only information I got is that Aslaug was from Rue in Atrå in Tinn in Telemark. mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lars Løkkebø

Have you tried Tinnsoga. You will also get good help from the library om Rjukan, they also have the Tinnsoga book.lars

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Thanks Lars, but yes. I have got photocopies of the appropriate pages, 31-33, of Tinn Soga, but there are no mention of Ole Halvorsen, Sigrid Eilevsdatter or their daughter Aslaug Olsdatter, only a brief mention that one Torstein Torsteinsen was user (bruker) of Rue farm sometimes in the second half of 1600. Mvh Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lars Løkkebø

Hello VidarIn the census of 1663-1666 of Rui farms in Atrå, three farms, I find Oluff, 50 years, on one of them. He could be the father of Aslaug. Torstein is also mention.lars

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lars Løkkebø

In the list of "obriste lieutnant Cicignons Compag." for the year 1701 you also find a Syfer Olsen Ruuj from Ruuj farm in Attraa. He could be in family.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Mathisen

To Vidar:I can't help you with Aslaug Olsdatter's ancestors. I have studied "Tinnsoga" and what it has to tell about the various farms with the name Rue (there are several of them in both Austbygda and in Attrå sub-parishes), but nowhere is Aslaug mentioned.Pages 31-33 of Tinnsoga concerns Rue in Austbygda, not in Attrå. You will find two Rue: Rue in Gauset and Under-Rue, in Attrå, but Tinnsoga (pages 296-299) has no information about those two farms before the year 1703.I do not know if you also are interested in the ancestors of Torstein Torsteinson, but if you are, here is what I have found so far:He is the son of Torstein Herbjørnson Sønstegard (Sønstegard is a farm in Hovin sub-parish) and Gro Ulvsdatter from Dale in Austbygda sub-parish. Gro died before 1700. She was the daugther of Ulv Tveito (Tveito in Hovin sub-parish) and Guri Knutsdatter Dale. Guri was responsible for "skylden" (the tax on the land?) on Dale in Austbygda in 1661, but already the year after, 1662, a man called Reidar has taken over. (It is believed that Reidar was Guro's 3. husband, possibly married to her in 1661-1662? Ulv was her first husband, the second one was Peder). Guro was most probably the daugther of Knut who owned a part of Dale farm around 1650.Since both Torstein Herbjørnsen Sønstegard and Ulv Tveito were from Hovin sub-parish, one should go to the "bygdebok" for Hovin. This book is not available to me rigth now, but if you are interested, I could easily take a look in the copy at my local library.Hans

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Hei Hans.Thank you for the information on Aslaug and Torstein. The mixup in Rue farms was most likely made as Attrå church is mentioned on page 31, and my copied was sent by people with local knowledge of Uvdal/Nore farms.The information you have supplied on Torstein is also very interesting, as it is different from that given in Nore bygdebok. This has Torstein hailing from Borge farm in Nore/Uvdal. I would be very happy if you could send me information on Torstein, but may be we should verify that it is the same Torstein Torstensen/ Aslaug Olsdatter we are writing about. According to Nore Bygdebok Widower Torstein married Aslaug before 1669 and had seven children, Gro (ca 1668), Sigrid (ca 1673) Guro, (ca 1684), Margit (ca 1686), Ole (ca 1687), Kari and Gjertrud (ca 1696). If this information match what you got, I would be very interesting in anything you got on Torstein ans all his descendants. You can post it her or contact me directly by e-mail on v.f.larsen@strath.ac.ukInformationon the source of your infromation would also be helpful.Thanks againVidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Mathisen

Hello Vidar:I have now borrowed Hovinsoga (printed in 1987) from my local library, and I have discovered that some of it's informations differs from the corresponding ones given in the much older Tinnsoga (1942). It appears that TORSTEIN Torsteinson Sønstegard, mentioned under both Rue, Austbygda, (page 31) and Dale, Austbygda, (page 159) in Tinnsoga, is called TORBJØRN Torsteinson Sønstegard in Hovinsoga (page 323)! And Hovinsoga tells (under Sønstegard, page 323) that Torbjørn married BIRGIT Halvorsdatter Dårud, Hovin, although under Dårud (page 108) Hovinsoga gives her name as GRO Halvorsdatter!As you can see from all this, I am afraid the help I have tried to provide, has only brougth confusion. The most likely conclusion so far seems to me to be the one you suggest yourself, namely that Torstein/Torbjørn Torsteinson Sønstegard and Aslaug Olsdatter's husband with (almost) the same name are two different persons.I can only wish you good luck in your further search!Hans

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Hei Hans. Thank you for the trouble of looking up bygdebøkene for me. I took some time to double-check my photocopies of the bygdebøkene. As I can not see any reference to Sønstegard on p 31 of Tinn Soga, I believe that Torstein Torsteinsen mentioned on this page most likely is my Torstein from Nore. Nore bygdebok has reference to Rue farm in Atrå for both Tortsien Torsteinsen Sevle and his brother Ole Toresteinsen Borge. covering roughly the same time period as Torstein and Ole Torsteinsen mention on p 31 of Tinn Soga. The contract between Ole and Rolf Jeljorden is also mention in Nore bygdebok for brother Ole, but it does not go on to say that Ole used the farm, only that he owned land their, probably due to inheritance. According to the Nore bygdebok my Torstein swapped farms with Eirik Sevle.Until proven otherwise, I believe that the confusion must be between Tinn Soga and Hovin Soga as Tinn Soga and Nore Bygdebok appear to give the same, if sparse, information. A question regarding the initial query; Can Høljesen and Halvorsen be spelling varieties of the same name? If so there is a remote possibility that Nils Høljsen, mentioned on p 31 of Tinn Soga, was a younger(?) brother of my Ole Halvorsen. The time period fits reasonably well.Thanks again. MVH Vidar

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Mathisen

Hello Vidar,I am not an expert on varieties of names, but I have lived 7 years in Rjukan, Tinn, and I feel pretty certain to say that Hølje and Halvor are not likely to be mixed up with each other. (I believe that a variety of Hølje is Helge).It is correct that Torstein Torsteinson when mentioned on page 31 in Tinnsoga has no farmname attached to his name. But on that same page the reader is directed to Guri on the farm Dale (Torsteins probable grandmother: "truleg godsonen åt Guri Dale, sjå der") and there, on page 159, Torstein's full name is given as Torstein Torsteinson Sønstegaard. So there you are!Hans

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vidar Larsen

Hei Hans.Thanks for you advise on the spelling varieties. I didn't think so myself that these were varieties of the same name, but with some strange (to me) varieties been found in the past you never know.I agree that it looks very much as we are dealing with two different people, but your last contribution threw up a further interesting point. Firstly you corrected a mis-translation by myself, and in doing so you may have thrown further light on this problem. I had wrongly translated "godsonen åt Guri" that Guri had been "fadder" to Torstein (Torstein was her godson). That Torstein may have been her grandson is interesting as my Torstien's father (according to Nore bygdebok) married "ei ukjent kvinne (kanskje frå Rui i Uvdal eller Tinn)". The possibility that it was Uvdal is strong as he was the farmer on Rui in Uvdal in 1664. But the bygdebok goes on to state that Ole (brother of Torstein) "hadde arv eller eigendom i Rue i Attrå". Was Ole and Torstein's mother a daughter of Guri? Can but speculate at this, maybe a jog for a professional genealogist who can read old handwriting if a "skifte" can be found. Thanks again for your help.mvh Vidar.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.