Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#6326] Mellomnamn "Adolf"

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

My grandfather and his brother both had the name "Adolf" as their third given name. I have researched their ancestors and can find no "Adolf". They were born between 1881-1884. Does anyone know why both of them would have been given this name, other than the obvious reason, that one of the parents just liked it? It seems like naming was taken very seriously back then, and usually there was a pattern. So this puzzles me... Just wondering...Hilsen, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Svein Arnolf Bjørndal

The name Adolf was among other names very popular, specially in urban areas, during the last part of the 19. century. At that time it was fashionable to give babies names earlier usually assosiated to kings and queens, such as Oscar, Sophie, Alexander - Gustav and Adolf. Usually such names had no "history" among the parents' ancestors at all.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you very much for replying! I was hoping you all would not think I was silly for asking such a question. But I did wonder if it was associated with a king or some other nobility of the time... I suspect you are correct that this had no relation to any ancestor.Hilsen, Patricia

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.