Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#6641] Farm Photographs

Gjest robert d. sabo
 Del

Gjest robert d. sabo

Now thatI have a better understanding of the importan role payed by the farm in the life of a Norwegian family I am interested in finding, if I can ,any pictures or photographs of Farms. Can anyone reccommend either a collection of photos, either new or old, or any books which might have such photos? I guess my particular interest is in Saebo Nedre & ovre, Tofte, Saetre and any others in that area which might still exist. Thank you. rds

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Terje Kolbeinsen

I think you have to specify which part of Norway these farm you're interested in are situated. You se the names are often the same all over the country.Terje

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest robert d. sabo

Terje The farms I mentioned are in old Fjellberg parish on the island of Halsnoy, South Hordaland. All are grouped together on the northern part of the island. My family was centered, in olden times, on Saebo Nedre farm but were represented on a number of the neighborinfg farms as well. (What does Hordaland mean- is it someones name?)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest robert d. sabo

Heidi Thnkyou for the information. I did find the site you told me about and did print off the pictures that wer on it. My grandmother was from Skanevik an was born on Melkevik farm in te old parish of Skanevik. I believe that one of the pictures looks across the fjord and shows the dim outlines of Halsnoy and Borgundoy in the background. My grandfather was from Fjelberg and lived on Halsnoy. Thanks again. rds

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest robert d. sabo

Hello Geir Thanks again for the information, first on the pictures and secondly on the name Hordaland. I did find the website you gave me and did find and print out the photo of Fjelberg. As best I can figure, We are looking in that photo at the south shore of Borgundoy, wit Halsnoy off in the far distance. It is a good photo. Any thoughts on where I can find photos of the actual farms themselves? Are you or your family from Eid farm, in particular the one on Halsnoy? My great great great grandmother, and her parents, were from therein 1801. Thanks again. rds

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Terje Kolbeinsen

Hello again Robert. This is another good site you should visit: http://www.haugalandet.net/ht.htm It is dedicated to the Haugaland area, which includes Sunhordaland and Nord Rogaland. The site also have some english language pages, and some cool 3d maps over the area. When it comes to pictures of farms, I think perhaps you might be lucky sending a mail to the county office or local papers. The above link has links to local papers as well. By the way, I'm from Haugesund, the main town in haugaland area, so feel free to contact me. My e-mail is Terje_Kolbeinsen@fmc.comHave luck Robert.Terje

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest robert d. sabo

Hello Terje Thank you for the information on the website for Haugaland. I took a quick look and think I will find some things of interest there. It is harder to find photographs than I first thought. Old photos are even more rare. I have some that Heidi referred me to of Skanevik which are quite good. I'll keep ater it and will try the papers. Thanks. R. Sabo

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Fjeldsgård

Anders Havnelid has written: Kvinnherad 5 - Almennsoga - gards- og ættesoge Eid og Fjelberg. This is the parish story from that part of Norway. There is a lot of pictures, I have some bad copies. Maybe someone with access to that book, or if you may get access, could scan and send you the photos.By the way, my grandfather came had his his origin at Sætre, and ancestors at Sæbøe and Tofte.I haven't done serious work yet, but followed the family back to before 1600.It looks as if they have connections to the old families at Sandvin and Torsnes, but I don't have the connections yet.If you send me a mail: kristian.fjeldsgard@chello.noI'll see if I have connections.Kristian

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest robert d. sabo

Hello Kristian Thank you very much for the lead to the book which covers the Fjelberg/Eid area. If you or anyone can tell me how to find a copy of that book I would appreciate it a great deal. If not that,I'd appreciate it if anyone could scan at least some of the pictures regardless of the quality of the photos. Let me give you just a few names from the farms I've looked at to see if we might share some family from the past. Most recent on Saebo was Olai Larsen in 1900. Before him, Lars Abrahamsen and wife Boel Hilgesdatter in 1865. Before that, Abraham Larsen and Madel Eriksdattere. Before thatin 1801, Lars Olsen and Britta Olsdatter. Before that Ole larsen and Helga Neilsdatter. On Saetre, Jonas Helgesen and Kari Andersdatter in 1801 with Helje Siursen and GunideKnudsdatter before that. Kari Andersdatter was from Tofte and was daughter of Anders Johansen and Inger Monsdatter. This is just thrown together for now. I do have more details if needed. Thanks R Sabo

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Terje Kolbeinsen

Hi again Robert.I'm going for a seminar in Skånevik "main town" in a short time, and if you want I may take som shot of specific farms as is in year 2001. I can them mail e copies over to you. If you're interrested, give me a notice on e-mail Terje_Kolbeinsen@fmc.comTerje

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Fjeldsgård

As far as I se for the moment: Madel is the sister of my mothers father, and Jonas Helgesson, 1801 census is their g grand father.The relationship seems pretty close.I have got your mail so we end the private conversation here on the list.Kristian

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.