Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#6926] Wisconsin 1880 census and Norway census 1865

Gjest ole johnsen
 Del

Gjest ole johnsen

I am so new to this and cannot figure out how to get further. In the Wisconsin 1880 cewnsus I think I have located my great grandparents Ole and Niklina Johnson (Previous in Norway Johnsen)#s 57821 and 57822. How do I see any more informaion from that census for them. I also located a Ole Johnsen #1441 (Buksnaes) from Stavanger in the 1865 census hat could be him. With more information I might be able to make the connections. I do know he worked in he shipyards when he got to Wisconsin and was a sailor in Norway. My grandmother was from the Flekkefijord area and 2 nicolina's occur there. One a Nielsen #305 and the other #349 nicoline Nielsdatter. I think the #349 might be my great grandmother as the age seems to match the Wisconsin Census. How do I find more about these listings? It all seems Greek (I mean Norwegian ) to me. I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you, Mary Ellen Johnson DePrey

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

If you have a look in the emigrationslist from Kristiansand 1873-1930 you will find one Ole Johannesen b. 1856 Flekkefjord married and Nikoline Johannesen b. 1856 Flekkefjord married. They both emigrated to America 5. of March 1880. If you do not know how to find the list: 1) klick on Source categories(below), 2) registers, 3) from Kristiansand 1873-1930. Good luck.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest ole johnsen

thank you so much. I thought for sure his last name was spelled Johnsen. That would make them 24 years old in Wisconsin in 1880 which would be close to the ages reported for that niklina and ole.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest ole johnsen

if someone could now tell me how to access the page 32 of the 1890 wisconsin list of norwegians in wisconsin at the time it would help. Their numbers were 57821 and 57822. Thank You

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

You ask for information from the 1890 census, but that census is not available on the net, - at least not at Digitalarkivet. Perhaps you mean the 1880 census? If so, just start with the Digitalarkivet main page. Then follow this series of menue choices: [American flag] [source categories] [Censuses] [Norwegians in US] [Norwegians in Wisconsin...]. In the first scroll box choose 'County', in the second choose 'starting with', in the third box write 'Mil' (for Milwaukee), and then hit the 'Search' button. Next step is to pick up page 32. In the first scroll box choose 'Page', in the second choose 'contains', in the third box write '32', and then hit the 'Search' button. In the box displayed, you may mark 'C32' and then click 'Finn postane'. Now you will be at the start of page 32 for the 1880 census og Milwaukee Co. in Wisconsin. You will only see the first 10 records in the page, however. Just click 'Next' to have a look at the other records.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila N. Christiansen

Hi! The reference (pageno.) in the 1880-census is only for the 1880-census, not connected to the 1890-census. Then, 99% of the 1890-census was destroyed by a fire. Fragments of it can be found at ancestry.com (have to be a subscriber). Nothing on Wisconsin there.The original censusrecords in 1880 (US) dont give to much more information than the one you saw online.In US you should find their (Ole and Nikolinas) death-certificates, they might tell the names of their parents. There might also be an obituary, that can give information.Then, you might find them in the 1900-census in US, it is online searchable at www.genealogy.com (for subscribers), or you can go to your local FamilyHistoryCenter (LatterDaySaints) to get help. (they can also help with norw. records!Happy hunting! Laila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 år senere...
Gjest Johannrs Haltbakk

Hvordan kommer jeg inn på Wisconsin cencus 1880? Det er en oppskrift her fra 2001 hvor man går inn via digitalarkivet, men antakelig har hjemmeisden i digitalarktivet skiftet design siden den gang, for jeg finner ikke det som står nedenfor her. KAn noen hjelpe?If so, just start with the Digitalarkivet main page. Then follow this series of menue choices: [American flag] [source categories] [Censuses] [Norwegians in US] [Norwegians in Wisconsin...]. In the first scroll box choose 'County', in the second choose 'starting with', in the third box write 'Mil' (for Milwaukee), and then hit the 'Search' button. Next step is to pick up page 32. In the first scroll box choose 'Page', in the second choose 'contains', in the third box write '32', and then hit the 'Search' button. In the box displayed, you may mark 'C32' and then click 'Finn postane'

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yngve Nedrebø

Vår versjon av nordmenn i Wisconsin 1880 ligger her:LenkeDen kan man finne under Folketeljingar, Nordmenn i USA, eller ved å søke på Wisconsin under 'Søk', helt til høyre på den mørkeblå bjelken oppe på skjermbildet.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.