Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#8049] 1875 Trysil census

Gjest Dale Welta
 Del

Gjest Dale Welta

I am having trouble finding my Grandfather and his brother in the 1875 census from Trysil, I can find their mother and I know that they didn't leave Norway for the USA until around 1880 to 1885. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks, Dale Welta

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dale Welta

Thank you for your reply.My Grandfather was Maurits, his brother's name was Johannes. I can find Johannes, his father Hans Olsen and mother Gurine Olsdatter in the 1865 census. Maurits was born in 1868 and Hans died in 1871. Gurine and another son, Olinus, are found in the 1875 census but not the otherr two sons. As they didn't leave for the USA until 1880 and 1885 respectively my question is - Where would I begin to search for them in 1875?Thanks, Dale. dalewelta@hotmail.comD

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rune Bjerke

I haven't been very deeply into it yet, but there are some inconsistencies. Gurine is mentioned as unmarried in 1875, and not as a widow. Are you sure that she is identical to Gurine married to Hans in 1865? Since Hans died in 1871, Olinus must have another father - probably an Ole/Ola since his partonym is Olsen.Rune

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dale Welta

The Gurine in the 1875 census has the same year of birth that the Gurine listed as the mother of Maurits has in the parish records from Osen from 1868. Also Maurits's father is named Hans Olsen on a copy of a baptism certificate I have. It is on these two facts I base my assumption that it is the same Gurine.Thanks and regards Dale

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marianne Vestli

Hello. Do you have the farms name, where the family lived. I do have a book about Osen in Trysil, and would be happy to look up for you. Regards Marianne.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dale Welta

Hi Marianne, I think that the family worked on a farm by the name of Velta i Steindalen, but I have been unable to locate any reference to it other than on a baptisim certificate. I am told that is probably where the family name of Welta was derived from. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.Regards, Dale

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dale Welta

Hi MarianneThank you for offering to help, as any assistance will be greatly appreciated. My email address is dalewelta@hotmail.comThanks again, Dale

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.